Hong Kong actor sells mid-levels luxury flat for hk$132 million

Hong Kong actor Nick Cheung sold his Mid-Levels flat for HK$132 million, highlighting signs of recovery in the luxury property market.

According to Land Registry records, Nick Cheung completed the sale of his 3,366 sq ft four-bedroom flat at Grenville House in Mid-Levels on May 15 to buyers Lee Yuen Ann Geoffery and Xu Ranying.

The actor had purchased the property in 2017 for HK$131 million. The new transaction fetched HK$39,216 per square foot.

Transactions in the luxury segment more than doubled in the first quarter compared with the same period in 2025, according to CBRE. Habitat Property founder and CEO Victoria Allan said the agency recorded sales of 18 properties worth at least HK$60 million each over six weeks in April and May.

Derek Chan Hoi-chiu, head of research at Ricacorp Properties, noted that the upturn allowed owners to reallocate assets and achieve profitable exits.

Related Articles

Photorealistic image of Wang Fuk Court fire victims receiving extended rental aid from Hong Kong officials amid rehousing doubts.
Image generated by AI

Hong Kong extends rental aid for Wang Fuk Court fire victims amid rehousing doubts

Reported by AI Image generated by AI

Victims of Hong Kong's deadly Wang Fuk Court fire will keep receiving HK$150,000 annual rental subsidies until rehoused—even if it takes 2½ years—Deputy Financial Secretary Michael Wong Wai-lun confirmed, as the HK$6.8 billion buyback plan faces concerns over flat allocation fairness.

Sales of luxury homes in Hong Kong surged 156% in the first quarter, driven by stock-market gains and attractive prices, real estate agents say. Mainland Chinese buyers accounted for more than half of the deals. The segment is likely to see another increase in the second quarter.

Reported by AI

Hong Kong's Land Registry reported 8,692 transactions across all property sectors last month, up 12.3% from March. Residential sales reached 7,368 units, the highest in two years. Total sales value rose sharply.

Hong Kong's Secretary for Development, Bernadette Linn Hon-ho, announced that the government will offer nine residential sites to developers in the 2026-27 land sale programme, including three carried over from the previous list, expected to yield about 6,650 flats. Combined with other land sources, the potential supply of new flats is estimated to reach 22,580 units, an eight-year high. Linn noted that the market is recovering, with transactions steadily increasing.

Reported by AI

Hong Kong authorities have offered to buy back flats destroyed in the Wang Fuk Court blaze at HK$8,000 or HK$10,500 per square foot, but some residents expressed disappointment over the lack of on-site redevelopment. Deputy Financial Secretary Michael Wong Wai-lun announced the plan, which will cost HK$6.8 billion and rule out rebuilding at the original site. The November fire killed 168 people and displaced about 5,000 residents.

President Lee Jae-myung has put his private home up for sale at a below-market price to help stabilize the property market, Cheong Wa Dae said on February 27. The apartment in Seongnam, south of Seoul, is jointly owned with first lady Kim Hae-kyung and measures 164 square meters, purchased in 1998 for 360 million won. The move aligns with the government's push for multiple-home owners to sell ahead of the end of a temporary capital gains tax suspension in May.

Reported by AI

Lofter Group and an affiliate have been sued for HK$130 million over alleged breaches of bond guarantor duties, days after the death of founder Carol Chow.

 

 

 

This website uses cookies

We use cookies for analytics to improve our site. Read our privacy policy for more information.
Decline