Transportation ministry releases mudik participants to Aceh and Medan

The Directorate General of Land Transportation under the Ministry of Transportation released participants for the 2026 Lebaran Free Mudik program to Aceh and Medan from Terminal Tipe A Pondok Cabe in South Tangerang. The program aims to ease the burden for those returning to disaster-affected areas in Sumatra from late 2025.

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA -- The Directorate General of Land Transportation of the Ministry of Transportation officially released the departure of participants in the 2026 Lebaran Free Mudik Transport program to Aceh and Medan at Terminal Tipe A Pondok Cabe, South Tangerang, Banten, on Monday (16/3/2026). Director of Road Transport Muiz Thohir stated the program facilitates people returning home, especially to areas affected by disasters at the end of 2025 in Sumatra. The ministry provided 10 buses for 340 participants. “This free mudik program is held to ensure the safety of people intending to return to their hometowns from out of town,” Muiz said in a written statement in Jakarta. He emphasized the government's efforts to facilitate mudik movement safely, securely, and smoothly. Muiz urged the public to avoid using motorcycles for mudik due to high safety risks. “In line with the Minister of Transportation's instructions, this free mudik program to Aceh and Medan is an effort to lighten the burden on the community, especially those with family in disaster-affected areas,” he added. The program is part of government initiatives to ensure orderly Lebaran 2026 transportation.

Related Articles

Cabinet Secretary Teddy Indra Wijaya and Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi inspecting the orderly Lebaran return flow at Pulo Gebang Bus Terminal in early morning light.
Image generated by AI

Cabinet secretary Teddy and transport minister inspect Lebaran return flow at Pulo Gebang Terminal

Reported by AI Image generated by AI

Cabinet Secretary Teddy Indra Wijaya and Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi inspected the Lebaran 1447 Hijriah return flow at Pulo Gebang Integrated Bus Terminal in East Jakarta early on Wednesday, March 25, 2026. The visit aimed to ensure the traffic runs safely, orderly, and smoothly.

The Directorate General of Land Transportation under the Ministry of Transportation has opened online registration for the free mudik program for the 2026 Lebaran transport period starting Sunday (March 1, 2026) at 08:00 WIB. The program prepares 401 buses with a capacity of 15,834 passengers for outbound and return flows to various cities in Indonesia. Registration is available via the nusantara.kemenhub.go.id website until March 15, 2026, or until the daily quota is met.

Reported by AI

An Indikator Politik Indonesia survey shows 82.7% satisfaction among mudik travelers with Operasi Ketupat 2026, credited for smooth traffic flow and fewer accidents. Overall, 81% of respondents rated this year's operations better than last year's. Government programs like Mudik Gratis and food aid received high praise.

Transport Minister Dudy Purwagandhi says vehicle queues at Gilimanuk Port, Bali, are easing from over 20 kilometers to about eight kilometers. Measures like adding ships and optimizing buffer zones are showing results. Collaboration with stakeholders aims to resolve congestion during 2026 Lebaran homecoming rush.

Reported by AI

Polri estimates about 143 million people, or 50 percent of Indonesia's population, will travel for Idul Fitri 2026. Wakapolri General Dedi Prasetyo stated that Polri will deploy over 161,000 personnel, alongside TNI for a total of 389,681, in Operation Ketupat to secure mudik flows.

Following the record Lebaran 2026 mudik peak on March 18, vehicle traffic on the Mohammed Bin Zayed (MBZ) elevated toll road fell on Friday, March 20 (eve of Idul Fitri 1447 H), with total two-way volume at 45,295 vehicles—a slight outbound dip from Jakarta and sharp inbound decline.

Reported by AI

The 2026 Eid homecoming and return traffic ran smoothly with 3.25 million vehicles leaving Jakarta. Traffic accident victims fell 34 percent to 60 people, according to Jasa Marga data. Public Works Minister Dody Hanggodo evaluated operations at JMTC in Bekasi on March 30, 2026.

 

 

 

This website uses cookies

We use cookies for analytics to improve our site. Read our privacy policy for more information.
Decline