Crew strikes Jonathan Majors film set over safety concerns

Several crew members walked off the set of Jonathan Majors' upcoming action film from The Daily Wire and Bonfire Legend in South Carolina due to safety issues. The strike followed an incident where Majors and co-star JC Kilcoyne fell through an unsecured window. IATSE called the action on March 26 amid broader labor and safety complaints.

Just over a week ago, crew on the South Carolina set of Jonathan Majors' untitled action film walked off the job, prompting IATSE to call a strike on March 26. The production, from The Daily Wire and Dallas Sonnier’s Bonfire Legend, faced initial pushback over union health and pension contributions, but safety worries escalated over five weeks of filming, crew members told Deadline. Producers have not denied the allegations but declined to negotiate, with Sonnier stating, “We don’t negotiate with communists. The entire industry is in freefall due to strikes, and now that their members are out of work, they’re trying to sabotage the few people who are still producing.” Earlier, he added they were “too busy being bad asses, blowing sh*t up, flying helicopters, and killing movie terrorists to concern ourselves with four assholes with signs on the sidewalk and their illegitimate ‘strike'.” The tipping point came last week when Majors and JC Kilcoyne tumbled six feet through a window rigged with loose tempered glass meant for a later stunt. Video of the fall was obtained by Deadline, and sources said Kilcoyne needed stitches on his hands. Reps for Kilcoyne said he “is doing well and was taken care of immediately by production” and “did not feel unsafe on set.” Crew reported additional hazards, including falling props like a tree branch that struck the set medic, lack of pre-stunt meetings with director Kyle Rankin, and use of airsoft guns without protocols. One location had black mold and possible asbestos, ignored despite warnings. Concerns also arose over special effects supervisor Chris Bailey, who called his prior explosives conviction a “paperwork infraction.” No unit production manager or official crew list existed, leading to informal tracking. More than 60% of crew signed union cards, but producers refuse a collective bargaining agreement. The film, reportedly titled Run Hide Fight Infidels and a sequel to Rankin's 2020 thriller Run Hide Fight, operates under a SAG-AFTRA contract. Filming continues as replacements are sought amid the picket line.

Related Articles

Actors Jonathan Majors and JC Kilcoyne falling through a shattered window during a movie set accident.
Image generated by AI

Jonathan Majors falls through window on movie set

Reported by AI Image generated by AI

Jonathan Majors and co-star JC Kilcoyne tumbled out of a window while shooting an untitled action film for The Daily Wire. Producers downplayed the mishap as minor after a Deadline video surfaced. Sources claim injuries including stitches for Kilcoyne.

Crew members from the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) have formed a picket line at the Gaffney, South Carolina, set of an untitled action film starring Jonathan Majors, produced by The Daily Wire and Bonfire Legend. The walkout began late last week over labor issues. Production continues amid efforts to replace striking workers.

Reported by AI

Indie distributor Row K Entertainment, launched less than eight months ago, faces unpaid bills and financial concerns that threaten its film slate. Maude Apatow's directorial debut 'Poetic License' has been delayed from May to September, perplexing its producers and star. Founders cite strategic adjustments amid vendor payment delays.

Production on Lionsgate's untitled John Wick spinoff centering on the blind assassin Caine begins next month, with Donnie Yen directing and starring. Yen reprises his role from John Wick: Chapter 4 alongside Rina Sawayama as Akira. The project follows Caine after his release from obligations to the High Table.

Reported by AI

Iko Uwais is set to lead the Indonesian action film 'Warrior,' reuniting him with the Silat fighting style that defined his early career. The story follows a former Silat practitioner emerging from prison to confront a Malaysian crime syndicate threatening his community in Jakarta. Production is scheduled to begin this summer under director John Radel.

A day after Jonah Hill teased his upcoming comedy 'Cut Off' starring Kristen Wiig as a brain-off silly romp, Warner Bros has removed the film from its July theatrical release schedule. It also features Nathan Lane, but no new distribution plans have been announced.

Reported by AI

Netflix has adapted the 1980 novel Man on Fire into a television series starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.

 

 

 

This website uses cookies

We use cookies for analytics to improve our site. Read our privacy policy for more information.
Decline