HAL CMD: Israel military supplies may delay, adequate stocks for current year

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Chairman and Managing Director D K Sunil said military supplies from Israel may face delays due to the ongoing conflict with Iran, but India has sufficient stocks for the current year. He expressed hope that supplies will resume normally once the war ends.

D K Sunil told The Indian Express on Thursday, on the sidelines of a media interaction, that Israeli plants have shut down due to Iranian bombardment, causing delays. "We have enough stocks for the current year; I hope that it will catch up once this war peters out," he said.

Over the past decade, India has bought missiles, UAVs, sensors, radars and air defence systems from Israel. For HAL's Tejas fighter jet, radars, electronic warfare suites and helmet-mounted displays come from there. Sunil said HAL withdrew its personnel and is now waiting and watching.

Drawing lessons from the Iran conflict, HAL is prioritising the CATS Warrior, a low-observable unmanned combat aerial vehicle. It is a self-funded project with a 3-tonne prototype under manufacture. "We are not going into small SHAHED-like drones, as there are already many players in that market," Sunil said.

On Tejas Mk 1A, five jets are ready with engines and the sixth engine is en route. GE Aerospace assured delivery of 20 engines between June and December. A major review with the Indian Air Force is expected next month. Existing LCA Tejas squadrons will resume flying next week after fixing a braking software flaw.

Labaran da ke da alaƙa

Dramatic nighttime illustration of Israeli airstrikes on Tehran, symbolizing Israel's announcement of a 'new phase' in the war with Iran.
Hoton da AI ya samar

Israel declares 'new phase' in war with Iran one week after initial strikes

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI Hoton da AI ya samar

One week into the war that erupted on February 28, 2026, with US-Israeli strikes dismantling Iran's missile capabilities, Israel has announced a 'new phase' targeting the regime's foundations. This follows airstrikes by 90 Israeli aircraft on over 40 strategic sites in Tehran, amid reports of significant advances and Iranian vows of a prolonged conflict with new weapons.

The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) cleared a proposal on Friday to procure five additional S-400 long-range surface-to-air missile systems from Russia. The approvals, worth Rs 2.38 lakh crore, also include medium transport aircraft and other equipment for the Indian Air Force. The decision follows months of discussions and the S-400's demonstrated capability in Operation Sindoor.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth told Estonia's defense minister on Monday that delivery of munitions for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems would be postponed due to needs in the war with Iran. The contract for the weapons dates to 2022, with launchers already delivered last year. Estonia's minister voiced concerns about the delay's effect on deterrence.

Kenyan meat exporters are facing significant losses as the Arabian market is disrupted by the Israel-Iran war, particularly during Ramadan. Over 300 tons of meat are stuck in local storage due to suspended flights and doubled shipping costs. The situation also impacts other exports like avocados, coffee, and tea.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

Defence Cabinet Secretary Soipan Tuya assured lawmakers that Kenya Defence Forces are fully equipped to counter threats from the escalating US-Israel-Iran conflict. She made the remarks before the National Assembly's Defence Committee on March 19, 2026. Tuya highlighted ongoing security assessments and investments in modernisation.

As fears of LPG shortages intensify due to West Asia conflict disruptions, the Indian government has assured adequate supplies and cracked down on black-marketing, while induction stove demand continues to surge following the initial rush reported earlier this week. Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged calm, promising to overcome the crisis like during Covid.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

President Prabowo Subianto symbolically handed over six Dassault Rafale fighter jets to the Indonesian National Armed Forces at Halim Perdanakusuma Air Base on Monday, May 18, 2026.

 

 

 

Wannan shafin yana amfani da cookies

Muna amfani da cookies don nazari don inganta shafin mu. Karanta manufar sirri mu don ƙarin bayani.
Ƙi