Swedish survivors recount panic from Bondi Beach Hanukkah terror attack

Two Swedish women who survived the deadly Hanukkah shooting at Sydney’s Bondi Beach on December 14, 2025—which killed at least 15 and injured dozens—describe the chaos and fear as they fled the antisemitic attack. Moa Karlsson and Stella Ungerth share their harrowing experiences amid reports of a heroic bystander and arrested suspects.

The mass shooting at Bondi Beach during the 'Chanukah by the Sea 2025' event has been declared a terrorist attack targeting Sydney's Jewish community, with the death toll reported at 15-16 and dozens injured, including police. A father-son duo, identified in some reports as Sajid and Naveed Akram, were involved; one was killed by police, the other taken into custody. A bystander heroically disarmed one gunman, likely saving lives, while suspected explosives were recovered.

Among new witness accounts from this tragedy are those from Swedes present at the scene. Moa Karlsson, 33, from Motala and living in Sydney, was at the Iceberg restaurant overlooking the beach. 'We were at a restaurant... Then we heard shots: poff, poff, poff. It was at least 50 shots,' she told Aftonbladet. Thousands fled in panic, evoking for Moa the Nice terror attack she had previously survived. Police locked her group inside as helicopters and coast guard arrived.

Stella Ungerth from Sollentuna was about 100 meters away during a girls' night. 'You switch on some kind of survival instinct and run for your life. It was unreal,' she told SVT. She and friends sought cover in a nearby house, where she called her parents, shaking and breaking down.

Witnesses report 50 to hundreds of shots fired. Victims include a Holocaust survivor, a rabbi, and Chabad organizer Rabbi Eli Schlanger. The attack has heightened security at Jewish sites in Sweden and Australia, amid a rise in antisemitism.

Labaran da ke da alaƙa

Stranded Swedish travelers crowd a Dubai airport amid flight cancellations due to Middle East tensions.
Hoton da AI ya samar

Swedes stranded in Middle East after attacks

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI Hoton da AI ya samar

Several Swedes are stranded in countries like Oman, Qatar, and Dubai due to Iranian counterattacks against the US and Israel. Flights are canceled and hotels are filling up as people seek safety. Travelers describe chaos and fear of new explosions.

Several Swedes are stranded in Dubai following explosions and missile interceptions after Israel's and USA's attack on Iran. Authorities urge people to stay indoors as airspace is closed and flights canceled. Swedes like Sofia Blomström and Jacob describe panic and uncertainty on the ground.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

Five shootings have occurred in Sweden since the weekend, three of them fatal. The incidents took place in Örebro, the Stockholm area, and Malmö. Justice Minister Gunnar Strömmer described them as horrific acts of violence.

Football goalkeeper Hugo Mosshagen, 20, from BK Forward was shot dead in a residential area west of Örebro late Saturday evening. No one has been arrested and police report no links to gang crime. The city and club mourn the unpunished talent.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

A 15-year-old boy has been shot dead in Rosengård, Malmö. Police arrested a boy and a girl of the same age suspected of murder near the crime scene. The incident occurred around 6:39 p.m. on Wednesday evening.

Wannan shafin yana amfani da cookies

Muna amfani da cookies don nazari don inganta shafin mu. Karanta manufar sirri mu don ƙarin bayani.
Ƙi