Hong Kong justice department rejects claims against prosecutors

Hong Kong’s justice department has rejected online accusations by US-based activist Frances Hui Wing-ting against two prosecutors, labelling the claims despicable and fabricated.

Hong Kong’s justice department issued a statement on Saturday rejecting the allegations. It said the claims targeted the newly promoted public prosecutions director Anthony Chau Tin-hang and a colleague, Maggie Yang Mei-kei. Both prosecutors have handled national security cases.

The department called the accusations despicable behaviour and an attempt to defame public officers. It referred the matter to law enforcement agencies and vowed to severely punish lawbreakers in accordance with the law.

Frances Hui Wing-ting, who fled Hong Kong in 2020 and received asylum in the United States in 2022, faces a HK$1 million bounty. She is wanted on suspicion of colluding with a foreign country to endanger national security. Hui accused the prosecutors of abusing their positions for private ends and claimed their former boss sided with them.

संबंधित लेख

Three High Court judges in Hong Kong ruled Friday that former Tiananmen vigil leaders Lee Cheuk-yan and Chow Hang-tung have a case to answer on subversion charges, finding evidence they incited others to overthrow Communist Party leadership. This follows January pleas where co-defendant Albert Ho admitted guilt while the pair denied charges. The judges rejected a prosecution claim about unchanging party leadership as superficial.

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया

A Hong Kong construction worker has been remanded in custody after pleading guilty to two counts of sedition. Raymond Wong Chan-fai, 55, admitted to tossing 59 pieces of paper bearing offensive messages from his flat in 2024 and last year. He faces sentencing next month.

Cantopop singer Hins Cheung has expressed remorse for his past support of Hong Kong protests and will lead arrested youths from the 2019 unrest on exchange trips to mainland China. Secretary for Security Chris Tang Ping-keung said the rehabilitation project has run for two years, targeting about 7,000 people arrested but not prosecuted.

AI द्वारा रिपोर्ट किया गया

The chairman of Hong Kong's Federation of Civil Service Unions has warned that tighter disciplinary rules risk becoming excessive amid efforts to address underperforming staff. The Civil Service Bureau plans to revise regulations this year, including stricter rules on withholding salaries during suspensions and confiscating such pay.

 

 

 

यह वेबसाइट कुकीज़ का उपयोग करती है

हम अपनी साइट को बेहतर बनाने के लिए विश्लेषण के लिए कुकीज़ का उपयोग करते हैं। अधिक जानकारी के लिए हमारी गोपनीयता नीति पढ़ें।
अस्वीकार करें