Keffe D's lawyers move to suppress evidence in Tupac Shakur case

Attorneys for Duane 'Keffe D' Davis are fighting to toss out evidence from his arrest in the 1996 Tupac Shakur murder case. They claim the search warrant was based on a misleading picture of their client and executed unlawfully at night. This latest twist keeps the decades-old mystery alive.

Oh, the drama just won't quit in the Tupac saga! 😩 Duane 'Keffe D' Davis, the man charged with orchestrating the drive-by shooting that took the rap icon's life off the Las Vegas Strip back in 1996, is pulling out all the stops. His legal team—shoutout to Las Vegas defense attorneys Robert Draskovich and William Brown—filed a motion this week to suppress key evidence. Why? They say the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's nighttime raid on his Henderson home was straight-up unlawful.

Picture this: Cops painted Davis as some dangerous drug dealer lurking in the shadows, convincing a judge to greenlight a dark-of-night search. But hold up—his lawyers are spilling that by 2023, the 60-year-old was a retired cancer survivor, long out of the narcotics game since 2008. He was just chilling with his wife, adult kids, and grandkids, doing legit inspection work for oil refineries. 'The court wasn’t told any of this,' they wrote in the motion. 'As a result, the court authorized a nighttime search based on a portrait of Davis that bore little resemblance to reality—a clearly erroneous factual determination, in other words.'

The haul from that search? Electronic devices, 'purported marijuana,' and tubs of photographs. LVMPD's excuse? Darkness would help them surround the place safely and evacuate neighbors if things went south. They zipped their lips on the motion, citing ongoing litigation.

Davis, who pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder after his September 2023 arrest, argues the whole case hinges on his old tall tales. He claimed to be in the white Cadillac that fired at Tupac, but his team says there's zero hard proof—and he cashed in big time, dodging drug charges via a proffer deal and profiting from docs and his 2019 book. 'Shakur’s murder was essentially the entertainment world’s JFK assassination—endlessly dissected, mythologized, monetized,' they shade in the filing, suggesting he fudged it for clout. His bid to ditch the charges at the Nevada Supreme Court? Denied in November.

Police rationale aside, is this motion the plot twist that sets Keffe D free, or just more smoke in the Tupac fog? 👀

Articoli correlati

Illustration of crime scene Tesla, autopsy report, and justice protest in Celeste Rivas Hernandez murder case.
Immagine generata dall'IA

Autopsy report details gruesome injuries in D4vd's teen murder case

Riportato dall'IA Immagine generata dall'IA

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner released the autopsy report on 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez, ruling her death a homicide caused by multiple penetrating injuries. The findings describe severe wounds and decomposition after her body was found in rapper D4vd's Tesla. D4vd, arrested last week and charged with murder and child sexual abuse, has pleaded not guilty as her family demands justice.

A lawsuit filed in Nevada accuses the family of a lawyer involved in a fatal shooting during a child custody deposition of knowing about the plot and failing to intervene. The incident on April 8, 2024, left attorney Dennis Prince and his wife Ashley Prince dead, with the shooter later taking his own life. The suit seeks damages for the couple's son, alleging negligence and conspiracy.

Riportato dall'IA

Suge Knight, co-founder of Death Row Records, has announced an upcoming memoir titled Your Pain Is My Joy. The book, set for release on August 4, promises a candid account of his life, including his version of events surrounding Tupac Shakur's 1996 shooting. Knight wrote the 352-page work while serving a 28-year prison sentence.

In an update to the ongoing rape case against Tanzanian artist Matonya (Sefu Shabani Ramadhan), the Mombasa court heard that the ODPP has not provided key evidence documents. The prosecution admitted incomplete preparation, with the next hearing set for June 17.

Riportato dall'IA

The legal team for Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro has filed a motion to dismiss his narco-terrorism indictment, arguing that interference by the Trump administration has compromised due process. Attorney Barry Pollack claims the U.S. government's actions make any verdict constitutionally suspect. Pollack has requested permission to withdraw if the case proceeds.

On Monday prosecutors in the Western Cape High Court urged Judge Robert Henney to close Nafiz Modack’s defence case, citing repeated delays that they say amount to an abuse of process.

Riportato dall'IA

North West businessman Brown Mogotsi appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court facing five charges linked to an alleged staged shooting incident. Police revealed that the firearm involved has connections to prior crimes. A bail application is set for next week.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta