Police search sergeant Fannie Nkosi's Pretoria home in probe

Police have conducted a search and seizure operation at the Pretoria North home of Sergeant Fannie Nkosi, an organised crime officer who recently testified before the Madlanga Commission. Security strategist Andy Mashaila described the J51 operation as signalling an escalating investigation. Authorities confirmed the raid but provided no further details.

Police executed a search and seizure operation at the home of Sergeant Fannie Nkosi in Pretoria North on April 2, 2026. The property is believed to belong to the organised crime officer, who appeared before the Madlanga Commission.

Nkosi testified about alleged ties to crime syndicate leaders Vusimuzi “Cat” Matlala and Katiso Molefe, as well as involvement in tender manipulation at the Tshwane Metro. In October last year, a previous search at his home uncovered a black credit card belonging to Matlala and more than R300,000 in a safe.

Security strategist Andy Mashaila said the J51 operation aims to verify evidence, test contradictions from the commission, and gather more information. “Once there is that kind of a search and seizure... it means there is an active investigation," Mashaila stated. "What we picked up at the Madlanga Commission, the black card... it would be one of the areas of interest."

Mashaila emphasised that the raid shows no one is above the law, focusing on receipts and usage related to the credit card amid contradictions heard at the commission.

관련 기사

Suspended Sgt. Fannie Nkosi in Pretoria court facing charges; evidence includes firearms, cash, and robbery dockets from home raid.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Suspended sergeant Fannie Nkosi faces charges after home raid

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Suspended Sergeant Fannie Nkosi of Gauteng’s Organised Crime Unit appeared in Pretoria North Magistrates’ Court on 7 April 2026, facing charges including possession of unlicensed ammunition and defeating the ends of justice. Police raided his home last week, finding firearms, cash and six undetected case dockets related to cash-in-transit robberies. His bail application was postponed to 13 April 2026.

In the latest update on suspended police sergeant Fannie Nkosi's case, the Pretoria North Magistrate’s Court will deliver its bail ruling on Wednesday, following his third appearance. Nkosi, facing charges of theft, defeating the ends of justice, and unlawful possession of ammunition and explosives, had his home raided earlier this month, leading to his arrest. This follows previous court postponements in the ongoing investigation.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Police have added fresh charges against Sergeant Fannie Nkosi for defeating and obstructing the course of justice. He appeared before the Thohoyandou Magistrates’ Court on Friday amid ongoing scrutiny over his links to a Tshwane security contract held by his brother.

A retired police officer told the Madlanga Commission that a monthly security contract costing R593.56 lapsed years before thieves stole R200 million worth of cocaine from a Hawks building in Port Shepstone. The theft occurred in November 2021 after repeated warnings about inadequate protection went unheeded. Justice Mbuyiseli Madlanga described the situation as mind-boggling.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Police and soldiers confiscated mandrax, dagga, and an undisclosed amount of cash during house raids in Gqeberha on the first day of a crime-fighting operation in the Eastern Cape. Nearly 300 South African National Defence Force (SANDF) soldiers have been deployed to the province as part of Operation Prosper to tackle organised crime.

Twelve senior South African Police Service (SAPS) officers, including one retired, were arrested on 24 March 2026 in connection with a fraudulent R360-million tender awarded to Vusimuzi ‘Cat’ Matlala’s company, Medicare 24. They appeared in Pretoria Magistrates’ Court the next day facing corruption and fraud charges. The case links to broader allegations of Big Five cartel infiltration in law enforcement.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Police have arrested a suspect believed to be the shooter in the murder of Marius van der Merwe, known as Witness D in the Madlanga Commission. The arrest took place in Johannesburg, and the vehicle used in the killing has been seized. The suspect is set to appear in the Brakpan Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

 

 

 

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부