Advance alerts block two fugitives at Philippine border

The Bureau of Immigration has intercepted two foreign fugitives trying to enter the Philippines using its Advanced Passenger Information System. A Mongolian drug suspect and a Turkish national wanted for sexual exploitation were stopped at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. This occurred on January 1, 2026, according to agency statements.

In a statement on January 2, 2026, the Bureau of Immigration announced that two passengers were intercepted at Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1 before they could enter the country. The first was Battulga Ganbold, a 30-year-old Mongolian national arriving from Vietnam. Immigration records indicate he has an outstanding arrest warrant in South Korea for a drug-related offense.

The second individual was Ercan Mutlu, a 37-year-old Turkish national arriving from Japan. The Bureau of Immigration stated that Mutlu is a fugitive sought in Türkiye for sexual exploitation and prostitution.

"The system generated advance alerts while the two passengers were still airborne," said Melvin Mabulac, deputy spokesperson and APIS Operations Center chief. The APIS Operations Center promptly coordinated with the BI Interpol Unit to verify the international warrants before relaying the information to immigration officers at NAIA Terminal 1, enabling the interception upon arrival.

Mabulac added that the APIS allows authorities to identify high-risk passengers even before they land in the Philippines. The system provides advanced intelligence and enhances coordination among law enforcement agencies. It was donated by the United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism with support from the Australian government.

This incident highlights the effectiveness of enhanced border patrol measures in preventing wanted criminals from entering the country.

Связанные статьи

Saudi officers streamlining Hajj pilgrim immigration via Fast Track at Soekarno-Hatta Airport.
Изображение, созданное ИИ

Fast track Hajj speeds up immigration for pilgrims at Soekarno-Hatta Airport

Сообщено ИИ Изображение, созданное ИИ

Saudi immigration officers checked documents for pilgrims from flight group five of Jakarta Pondok Gede embarkation using Fast Track Hajj Makkah Route at Terminal 2F of Soekarno-Hatta Airport on April 25, 2026. The service streamlines document checks before departure for efficiency. Minister of Hajj and Umrah Mochamad Irfan Yusuf reported 25,271 pilgrims from 65 batches have departed for Madinah.

Despite the ongoing Middle East conflict, the Bureau of Immigration expects international passenger volumes to remain high in coming weeks. Travel activity stayed strong during Holy Week, said BI Commissioner Joel Anthony Viado. Repatriation efforts continued for overseas Filipino workers from Dubai, Lebanon, and Kuwait.

Сообщено ИИ

The Bureau of Immigration announced on Friday, March 13, visa relief for foreign nationals whose flights were canceled due to ongoing tensions in the Middle East. This allows those whose visas expired on February 28 to remain in the Philippines until April 1, 2026, without fees or penalties. BI chief Frederick Vida described it as the government's way to offer support during global socio-economic and political upheavals.

Ugnayan ng mga Lumalaban sa Airport Privatization (ULAP) has asked the Supreme Court to immediately halt the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) concession deal and fee increases amid global oil shocks from Middle East tensions. The group filed a second reiterative motion electronically on March 24. It argues the changes impose an unjustified economic burden on Filipinos.

Сообщено ИИ

India's National Investigation Agency (NIA) has arrested US citizen Matthew Aaron VanDyke and six Ukrainians accused of training ethnic armed groups in Myanmar after illegally entering Mizoram. The detentions occurred at Kolkata, Lucknow, and Delhi airports last week. They entered on tourist visas but crossed into Myanmar without permits.

Airline companies operating at Ninoy Aquino International Airport appealed to the Department of Transportation for cuts in airport fees as fuel prices rise and flights to the Middle East remain suspended due to regional tensions. Manila International Airport Authority general manager Eric Ines confirmed requests for discounts on landing and parking fees as well as Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines navigation fees.

Сообщено ИИ

In an update to the ongoing US-Israel-Iran conflict that began on February 28, 2026, 299 Filipinos arrived in the Philippines from Dubai on March 5, the Department of Migrant Workers reported. This follows earlier advisories for overseas workers to shelter in place due to evacuation risks, as President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. continues to prioritize safety amid stalled broader repatriation efforts.

Этот сайт использует куки

Мы используем куки для анализа, чтобы улучшить наш сайт. Прочитайте нашу политику конфиденциальности для дополнительной информации.
Отклонить