Juan Carlos Ferrero hints at possible return to tennis coaching

Juan Carlos Ferrero, former coach of Carlos Alcaraz, has not ruled out a return to professional tennis coaching later this year. He revealed that offers have arrived but lacks the current enthusiasm to accept. Ferrero shared these thoughts in an interview with Marca amid ongoing rivalry between Alcaraz and Jannik Sinner.

Juan Carlos Ferrero parted ways with Carlos Alcaraz in December 2025 after a seven-year partnership that yielded 24 tour-level titles, including six Grand Slams. Their last event together was the 2025 ATP Finals, where Alcaraz fell to Jannik Sinner 6-7, 5-7 in the semifinals. Since then, Ferrero has served as mental coach for golfer Angel Ayora, starting in January 2026. He recently watched parts of Alcaraz's Australian Open triumph, congratulating the 22-year-old for becoming the youngest player to complete a Career Grand Slam. 'I’m happy for them; it was a clear goal of Carlos, and to become the youngest to do it is something I’m proud of,' Ferrero said to Marca. Ferrero guided Alcaraz from ITF junior world No. 119 in 2018 to ATP No. 1 within four years. He believes Alcaraz could become the greatest ever if he maintains motivation and discipline, especially with rivals like Sinner ahead. Sinner, currently ATP No. 2 with 12,400 points, trails Alcaraz's 13,590. Their rivalry includes Alcaraz's five-set win in the 2025 French Open final, lasting 5 hours and 29 minutes. Ferrero views both as superior, though Zverev, Fritz, and Djokovic remain threats. Heading into the Monte Carlo Masters, Alcaraz defends his title and stands to lose 1,000 points, narrowing the gap to Sinner to 190 points.

Awọn iroyin ti o ni ibatan

Jannik Sinner triumphs with Monte Carlo Masters 2026 trophy after beating Carlos Alcaraz.
Àwòrán tí AI ṣe

Jannik Sinner defeats Carlos Alcaraz to win 2026 Monte Carlo Masters, reclaims No. 1 for third time

Ti AI ṣe iroyin Àwòrán tí AI ṣe

Jannik Sinner claimed his 27th ATP tour-level singles title and third trophy of 2026 by beating Carlos Alcaraz 7-6(5), 6-3 in a 2-hour, 15-minute Monte Carlo Masters final on Sunday. The Italian, training in Monaco, extended his Masters 1000 winning streak to 22 matches—dropping just one set—reclaimed the world No. 1 ranking for the third time from Alcaraz, and became only the third player (after Djokovic and Nadal) to win four straight titles at this level.

David Ferrer has commended Carlos Alcaraz for his professional approach to parting ways with coach Juan Carlos Ferrero. The world No. 1 has remained undefeated in 2026, securing victories at the Australian Open and Qatar Open. Ferrer highlights Alcaraz's emotional maturity as a key factor in his strong start to the season.

Ti AI ṣe iroyin

Acclaimed coach Rick Macci has lauded Carlos Alcaraz for elevating the sport, while Olympic champion Nicolas Massu says the duo's success should motivate rivals. Alcaraz, the world No. 1, remains unbeaten in 2026 after winning the Australian Open and Qatar Open. Sinner, ranked No. 2, continues to challenge at the top of the ATP Tour.

Carlos Alcaraz plans to return from a right wrist injury only when fully recovered, according to a private conversation revealed by former World No. 32 Pablo Andújar. The Spaniard, sidelined since the Barcelona Open, emphasized taking recovery day by day without deadlines. He echoed this patient approach in recent statements.

Ti AI ṣe iroyin

World No. 2 Jannik Sinner defeated Tomas Machac 6-1, 6-7(3), 6-3 to reach the quarterfinals of the Monte Carlo Masters despite dizziness, back issues, and fatigue. In a post-match press conference, the Italian downplayed the battle for ATP No. 1 with Carlos Alcaraz, prioritizing titles and clay majors like Roland Garros over points.

Ojú-ìwé yìí nlo kuki

A nlo kuki fun itupalẹ lati mu ilọsiwaju wa. Ka ìlànà àṣírí wa fun alaye siwaju sii.
Kọ