Three killed in San Diego mosque shooting by suspected gunmen

Three people were killed Monday in a San Diego, California mosque after two suspected gunmen intruded, and were later found dead nearby.

Authorities said the suspects, aged 17 and 19, died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds. San Diego police chief Scott Wahl stated the case is being treated as a hate crime and an Islamophobic attack. A security guard was among the victims and may have helped limit the scale of the tragedy.

Reports of gunfire reached police around midday. Officers arrived within four minutes and found three dead outside the Islamic Center of San Diego. The center houses the largest mosque in the region and offers classes for children.

Donald Trump called the situation “terrible” from the White House and said he would review the information closely. Imam Taha Hassane expressed shock, noting the community had never faced such a tragedy and deeming it scandalous to target a place of worship.

The incident occurred on the eve of Eid al-Adha.

相关文章

The exterior of the Islamic Center of San Diego with police presence after the shooting incident.
AI 生成的图像

Three killed in San Diego Islamic Center shooting

由 AI 报道 AI 生成的图像

A shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday killed three people, including a security guard, while two teenage suspects were later found dead in a vehicle nearby. Authorities are investigating the attack as a hate crime.

A security guard named Amin Abdullah confronted two teenage gunmen during a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego. His quick actions helped secure the complex and protected around 140 children at a nearby school.

由 AI 报道

A gunman carried out multiple attacks in Tarsus on Monday, killing at least six people and wounding eight others. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan confirmed the deaths and offered condolences after a cabinet meeting. Police are searching for the suspect with helicopters and drones.

New details emerged on Cole Tomas Allen, the 31-year-old suspect arrested after firing shots at the White House Correspondents' Dinner security checkpoint. Allen sent a manifesto to family expressing intent to target Trump administration officials shortly before the attack; his relatives alerted police. Following the incident that prompted evacuations of President Trump and top officials—with one Secret Service agent grazed but unharmed—federal charges were filed as investigators uncover his radical ties.

由 AI 报道

Shots were fired in Mönchengladbach city center on Thursday evening. A police spokesperson confirmed injuries, with a spokeswoman at the scene reporting three men taken to hospital by ambulance. Police found the weapon nearby, but no arrests have been made so far.

此网站使用 cookie

我们使用 cookie 进行分析以改进我们的网站。阅读我们的 隐私政策 以获取更多信息。
拒绝