Amine Oualane claims persecution in murder trial

At the Bouches-du-Rhône assizes court, Amine Oualane, described as a presumed leader of the DZ Mafia, returned Tuesday to the trial for the murder of Farid Tir after several days of boycott. Alone in the dock, escorted by hooded gendarmes and police, he recounted his early life as a delinquent and denied the charges against him.

Amine Oualane broke the boycott pact observed since the previous Friday by the defendants in the trial for the murders of Farid Tir and Mohamed Bendjaghlouli. On Tuesday, March 31, 2026, the court heard via videoconference from “Tatoo,” an anonymous Marseille narcotrafficker who accused several suspects in this sensitive case.

With a weary look, Oualane dismissed the statements of this informant described by police. “He’s a madman who only tells bullshit,” he said. He added that “Tatoo” was clearing himself this way, while Oualane was on trial “for trifles.”

During his questioning, Oualane spoke of his past as an early delinquent imprisoned young and portrayed himself as the victim of “persecution.” “Even if you give me 50 years in prison, it goes over my head,” he told the court during a tense face-to-face with “Tatoo.”

This return to the dock marks a crucial day for the accused, surrounded by heightened security measures.

Relaterede artikler

Courtroom illustration depicting seven suspects charged with homicide in the death of Quentin Deranque in Lyon, France.
Billede genereret af AI

Seven suspects charged with homicide in Quentin Deranque's death

Rapporteret af AI Billede genereret af AI

One week after the fatal lynching of 23-year-old Quentin Deranque in Lyon, seven suspects were charged Thursday evening, six with voluntary homicide and one with complicity by instigation. The accused, aged 20 to 26 and linked to the ultraleft movement, were placed in provisional detention. The case has sparked intense political debate on violence and ties to La France insoumise.

In the final stages of the trial for the double murder of Farid Tir and Mohamed Amine Bendjaghlouli, several accused including Amine Oualane and Karim Harrat denied any involvement. Before the special assize court in Aix-en-Provence, they all proclaimed their innocence in this case tied to Marseille's drug trade.

Rapporteret af AI

The trial for the double murder of Farid Tir and Mohamed Amine Bendjaghlouli was suspended Thursday evening at the special assize court of Bouches-du-Rhône after accused individuals insulted lawyers. Threats were also issued. Proceedings will resume Friday morning.

At the appeal trial over the alleged Libyan financing of his 2007 presidential campaign, Nicolas Sarkozy claimed that millions received by Ziad Takieddine from Libyan state channels did not go to his campaign. The former head of state presented tables to support his arguments. The hearings are nearing their end before the Paris appeal court.

Rapporteret af AI

Hicham Harb, a 72-year-old Palestinian suspected of supervising the 1982 antisemitic attack on Rue des Rosiers in Paris, was placed in pre-trial detention on Friday after extradition to France. Arrested by Palestinian authorities in September 2025, he had been subject to an arrest warrant since 2015. The National Counter-Terrorism Prosecutor's Office announced his upcoming appearance before a special anti-terrorism assizes court.

Oumar Ndiaye, 21 years old, was sentenced on March 12, 2026, by the Manche Assize Court to 30 years of criminal imprisonment for the rape with torture or barbaric act on Mégane in Cherbourg in August 2023. The victim, seriously injured, had come close to death after the assault. The trial was held in camera in Coutances over two days.

Rapporteret af AI

A Paris criminal court on March 25 sentenced 63-year-old Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan, grandson of Muslim Brotherhood founder Hassan al-Banna, to 18 years in prison in absentia for raping three women. Despite an arrest warrant, he remains near Geneva in psychiatric treatment at the Clinique du Grand-Salève. Penalties include eight years of socio-judicial supervision and a lifetime ban from French territory.

 

 

 

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis