Yankees option Jasson Domínguez to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

In Tampa, Florida, the New York Yankees optioned switch-hitting outfielder Jasson Domínguez to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre before their Grapefruit League game against the Orioles. The 23-year-old impressed with a .325 spring training average but could not secure an Opening Day roster spot amid a crowded outfield.

The decision came as the Yankees finalized their Opening Day roster, with an outfield featuring Aaron Judge, fresh off his third MVP award in four years, Giancarlo Stanton slated for designated hitter duties, and bench options including Randal Grichuk. Trent Grisham received a $22.025 million qualifying offer, while Cody Bellinger re-signed on a six-year, $162.5 million contract, filling the left field role previously eyed for Domínguez or Spencer Jones. General manager Brian Cashman noted earlier that everyday at-bats in Triple-A would best serve Domínguez's development. Manager Aaron Boone expressed confidence that Domínguez would contribute at the Major League level this season. Domínguez, who slashed .257/.331/.388 with 10 homers, 47 RBIs, and 23 stolen bases over 123 games in 2025, had limited action in the second half last year and just one pinch-hit appearance in the playoffs. Despite his strong spring showing—13-for-40 with two doubles, three homers, 10 RBIs, and three steals in 14 games—he accepted the move. “Like I said before Spring Training started,” Domínguez said, “I just go day by day, trying to do my job. At the end of the day, whatever decision comes out, I don’t control that. I just try to go day by day and see what happens.” In related moves, the Yankees optioned pitchers Kervin Castro and Yerry de los Santos to Triple-A, and reassigned catchers Ali Sánchez and Payton Henry, plus outfielder Kenedy Corona, to Minor League camp.

Relaterede artikler

Nathan Eovaldi pitches in Rangers' 3-0 shutout win over Yankees, with key moments highlighted.
Billede genereret af AI

Rangers shut out Yankees 3-0 behind Eovaldi as Rodríguez debuts

Rapporteret af AI Billede genereret af AI

Nathan Eovaldi delivered seven scoreless innings as the Texas Rangers defeated the New York Yankees 3-0 on Wednesday at Globe Life Field in Arlington. Yankees prospect Elmer Rodríguez made his major league debut, holding the Rangers scoreless into the fifth before Josh Jung's two-run single. Injuries affected both teams, with Rangers outfielder Brandon Nimmo leaving due to hamstring tightness and Yankees' Jasson Domínguez exiting after being hit by a pitch.

The New York Yankees recalled outfielder Jasson Domínguez from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday, optioning pitcher Luis Gil in his place. The move comes as designated hitter Giancarlo Stanton recovers from right calf tightness sustained Friday against the Astros. Manager Aaron Boone said the team awaits MRI results on Stanton.

Rapporteret af AI

The New York Yankees optioned outfield prospect Spencer Jones to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday, reassigning him to Minor League camp. This decision follows the team's offseason re-signings of Trent Grisham and Cody Bellinger, which reduced competition for outfield spots. Jones, the club's No. 6 prospect, expressed loyalty to the organization despite the move.

Carlos Lagrange, the New York Yankees' top pitching prospect, impressed in spring training before being sent to minor league camp on Thursday. The right-hander's triple-digit fastball and strong secondary pitches drew praise from veterans and manager Aaron Boone. Despite the reassignment, Boone indicated Lagrange could impact the major league team soon.

Rapporteret af AI

New York Yankees catcher J.C. Escarra had a standout performance in a 3-2 spring training victory over the Tampa Bay Rays at Charlotte Sports Park. He went 3-for-4 with a home run and threw out a baserunner. Manager Aaron Boone praised Escarra's potential as a top catcher.

Carlos Rodón faced live hitters for the second time in less than a week during New York Yankees spring training in Tampa, Florida. The left-hander threw 30 pitches over two simulated innings, marking progress since his October elbow surgery. Manager Aaron Boone expressed optimism about Rodón's recovery and the team's pitching depth.

Rapporteret af AI

New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone announced that pitcher Luis Gil will return to the starting rotation next Friday against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Gil is set to make a minor league start on Sunday for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre at Rochester before slotting in behind Ryan Weathers. The move comes as the Yankees transition from an early-season four-man rotation.

 

 

 

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis