Hong Kong court upholds Swedish businessman's rape conviction

Hong Kong's Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal of Swedish businessman Patrik Tobias Ekstrom on Tuesday, upholding his conviction for raping his domestic helper and ordering him back to prison for a seven-year sentence. The incident occurred on October 27, 2022.

Hong Kong's Court of Appeal on Tuesday upheld the conviction of Patrik Tobias Ekstrom, a Swedish national in his late thirties, who was unanimously found guilty by a jury two years ago on one count of rape and one of buggery without consent. He was sentenced to seven years in prison for raping his domestic helper in his bedroom on October 27, 2022, and had been granted bail pending appeal. Ekstrom maintained that the acts were consensual, with the helper entering his bedroom willingly, and denied threatening to kill her if she did not comply. His counsel, Elizabeth Herbert, argued that the trial judge failed to give the jury appropriate directions regarding evidence suggesting Ekstrom had raped another helper in the past. According to the victim's testimony, Ekstrom told her he had previously had sex with the family's former helper and said he had “done such a thing” before and could “get away with it again.” A three-judge panel rejected these arguments, as reported by the South China Morning Post.

Liittyvät artikkelit

Courtroom illustration of a judge delivering a verdict in a teacher conviction case.
AI:n luoma kuva

Opettaja tuomittu oppilaan seksuaalisesta hyväksikäytöstä

Raportoinut AI AI:n luoma kuva

Skellefteån kunnassa toimiva opettaja on tuomittu 12-vuotiaan oppilaan seksuaalisesta hyväksikäytöstä. Käräjäoikeus antoi tuomion 22. toukokuuta 2026.

Ruotsin korkein oikeus on hylännyt nopeasti muutoksenhakupyynnön mieheltä, joka tuomittiin entisen poliisin Tore Hedmanin murhasta Mjälgan kaupunginosassa viime toukokuussa. Tämä lopullinen päätös vahvistaa hovioikeuden aiemmin vahvistaman 18 vuoden vankeustuomion.

Raportoinut AI

Hovioikeus on vahvistanut käräjäoikeuden 18 vuoden vankeustuomion 31-vuotiaalle miehelle, joka tuomittiin entisen poliisin Tore Hedmanin murhasta Borlängessä. Hedman pahoinpideltiin kuoliaaksi vasaralla toukokuussa, ja mies otettiin kiinni samana päivänä. Molemmat osapuolet valittivat tuomiosta, mutta hovioikeus vahvisti rangaistuksen.

Kolmekymppinen mies on vangittu epäiltynä raiskauksesta Paradisparkenin puistossa Borlängessä.

Raportoinut AI

Justice has been served after 17 years in the 2009 murder of retired IISc professor Purushottam Lal Sachdev and his family in Bengaluru. The Karnataka High Court has sentenced domestic help Suchitra Haldar, her husband Deepak Haldar, and two others to life imprisonment. The court also directed guidelines for background checks on migrant workers.

Asianajaja Johan Eriksson on pyytänyt Knutbyn murhan tutkinnan uudelleen aloittamista. Hän pyrkii kumoamaan lapsenvahti Sara Svenssonin tuomion sen jälkeen, kun Aftonbladetin tutkimuksissa tuli esiin puutteita tutkinnassa. Valtakunnansyyttäjänvirasto arvioi nyt pyyntöä.

Raportoinut AI

21-vuotias mies on tuomittu elinkautiseen vankeuteen kolmen nuoren miehen murhasta kampaamossa Uppsalassa viime vuonna. Uppsalan käräjäoikeus antoi tuomion tiistaina.

Tämä verkkosivusto käyttää evästeitä

Käytämme evästeitä analyysiä varten parantaaksemme sivustoamme. Lue tietosuojakäytäntömme tietosuojakäytäntö lisätietoja varten.
Hylkää