Authorities detain 16-year-old for covering up Santa Fe school shooting

Santa Fe authorities detained a 16-year-old accused of covering up the shooting at Escuela Normal Mariano Moreno N°40 in San Cristóbal on March 30. The suspect allegedly had prior knowledge of the attack that killed one student and injured eight others. Officials are probing a possible international network linked to the case.

On April 6, Santa Fe's Police Investigations unit, alongside Federal Police, detained the 16-year-old on National Route 11 near Nelson while he traveled in a truck with his parents. Secretaría de Gestión Institucional Virginia Coudannes confirmed the arrest stemmed from surveillance on residences. "This shows the proactive nature of the investigation in a case that transcends provincial borders," the official said at a press conference.

The detainee is linked to G.C., the 15-year-old who on March 30 entered the school with a double-barreled shotgun and killed 13-year-old Ian Cabrera in the courtyard during flag-raising. Eight students were injured, two by bullets. Investigations Criminales Director Rolando Galfrascoli stated the new suspect "had a link with G.C." and "had prior knowledge of the attack," leading to his arrest for cover-up.

The probe points to planning via social networks, including Discord chats about school massacres in the United States and Serbia, where users celebrated the shooting and demanded G.C.'s release. Coudannes stressed: "We are facing a situation that transcends the borders of Santa Fe province." G.C. remains in a juvenile facility as he is not yet punishable until the new Juvenile Penal Regime takes effect in September.

Regional prosecutor Carlos Vottero leads the case. The shooter was subdued by a non-teaching staff member and handed to police that day.

Labaran da ke da alaƙa

Realistic courtroom scene illustrating the Santa Fe ruling declaring a teenage school shooter not punishable, with judge, defendant, shocked families, and headline.
Hoton da AI ya samar

Court rules school shooter of 15 not punishable in Santa Fe

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI Hoton da AI ya samar

Santa Fe courts declared Gino C., a 15-year-old who killed classmate Ian Cabrera and wounded eight others at Escuela Normal Mariano Moreno N°40 in San Cristóbal, not punishable. The ruling follows a legal gap, with the new Juvenile Penal Law effective from September 5. Prosecutors said the attack involved 'certain planning'.

A 15-year-old student entered the Escuela Normal Mariano Moreno N°40 in San Cristóbal, Santa Fe, armed with a shotgun and killed 13-year-old Ian Cabrera on Monday morning. The attacker injured other students before being subdued by porter Fabio. Provincial authorities declared two days of mourning and suspended classes.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

Osmar ‘N’, a 15-year-old teenager, is the alleged perpetrator of the murder of two teachers at Antón Makárenko high school in Michoacán. Authorities confirm a direct attack with an AR-15 rifle hidden in a guitar case, per security videos. If found guilty, he would face permanent internment from six months to five years, under Michoacán's Specialized Code of Justice for Adolescents.

The first court appearance for Jose Medina-Medina, the Venezuelan national accused of murdering Loyola University Chicago student Sheridan Gorman, was postponed after he was hospitalized with tuberculosis. Medina-Medina, 25, allegedly shot the 18-year-old freshman last week while she walked with friends near campus. The case has sparked reactions from President Donald Trump, Gorman's family, and Illinois officials.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

The Supreme Court's Second Chamber rejected in a divided ruling an amparo appeal filed by the defense of Hernán Meneses, the 18-year-old student charged with the homicide of inspector María Victoria Reyes at a Calama high school on March 27.

Carabineros arrested three teenagers who entered the Liceo Pablo Neruda in Temuco armed, threatening teachers and students. The incident took place on Tuesday during a school activity, with police seizing a firearm and two knives. The minors were placed at the disposal of the Public Ministry.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

The General Prosecutor's Office of Nuevo León confirmed the location of teenagers Héctor Gael and Abraham Alexander, both 14 years old, reported missing since February 24, 2026, in General Escobedo. The minors were found in the municipality of Los Herrera with three adults linked to a criminal group, following reports that they had been contacted via the social network TikTok. They are in apparent good health and will undergo medical evaluations.

 

 

 

Wannan shafin yana amfani da cookies

Muna amfani da cookies don nazari don inganta shafin mu. Karanta manufar sirri mu don ƙarin bayani.
Ƙi