Max Verstappen ponders F1 future after Japanese Grand Prix

Max Verstappen expressed deep dissatisfaction with Formula 1 and his Red Bull car following a poor qualifying at the Japanese Grand Prix in Suzuka. The four-time world champion said he must make life decisions, including whether to continue in the sport, as it no longer brings him enjoyment. He emphasized the need to pursue activities he enjoys amid 22 races away from home.

After being knocked out in Q2 during Saturday's qualifying at Suzuka, Verstappen criticized the session despite an FIA intervention. He pointed to onboard footage from the 130R corner, where drivers lost significant speed due to super clipping. 'Yes, and that says it all, I think,' Verstappen told reporters. He has voiced similar concerns earlier this season in Bahrain, Melbourne, and Shanghai, adding, 'I’ve already said everything about the regulations anyway.'

Artikel Terkait

Max Verstappen dejected beside troubled Red Bull car after early exit in Japanese GP qualifying.
Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Max Verstappen eliminated early in Japanese GP qualifying amid car woes

Dilaporkan oleh AI Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Max Verstappen was knocked out in Q2 during qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix, securing only 11th place on the grid, while teammate Isack Hadjar starts eighth. The Red Bull driver described his RB22 as completely undriveable and voiced growing discontent with Formula 1's 2026 regulations, hinting at major life decisions. Jos Verstappen criticized the new era for prioritizing chaos over racing.

Max Verstappen has voiced growing discontent with Formula 1's 2026 regulations and his team's performance, hinting at potential thoughts of leaving the sport. Red Bull Racing team principal Laurent Mekies emphasized that the team's priority is enhancing the car's competitiveness to re-engage the four-time champion. Improvements are expected ahead of the Miami Grand Prix.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Max Verstappen expressed frustration with his Red Bull RB22's performance and the 2026 Formula 1 regulations following the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka. The four-time champion finished unable to overtake Alpine's Pierre Gasly due to energy management issues and highlighted safety concerns after Oliver Bearman's heavy crash. Verstappen suggested using 'safety' arguments to prompt rule changes.

Max Verstappen has faced persistent issues with slow race starts in the 2026 Formula 1 season, dropping positions at the beginning of races in Melbourne and Shanghai. The Red Bull driver, currently eighth in the standings, attributed the problems to a lack of battery power and grip. These setbacks contributed to non-points finishes and a retirement in China.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Sky Sports' Martin Brundle has warned Red Bull of a tough task retaining Max Verstappen if the team's 2026 car struggles, building on the driver's prior criticisms of the new regulations and hints at an early exit. With big updates incoming at the Miami Grand Prix, Brundle stresses the need for competitiveness.

Red Bull Racing is grappling with performance issues in the new Formula 1 era, finishing well behind the frontrunners at the Japanese Grand Prix. Max Verstappen placed eighth and Isack Hadjar 12th, as team principal Laurent Mekies acknowledged the team is a second off the pace. Mercedes has dominated early races amid major regulation changes.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Following his disqualification for a technical infringement, Red Bull's Isack Hadjar downplayed his 0.825-second qualifying deficit to teammate Max Verstappen at the 2026 F1 Miami Grand Prix, blaming low-grip conditions rather than a true performance gap. Verstappen credited a steering system fix and upgrades for Red Bull's resurgence.

 

 

 

Situs web ini menggunakan cookie

Kami menggunakan cookie untuk analisis guna meningkatkan situs kami. Baca kebijakan privasi kami untuk informasi lebih lanjut.
Tolak