Florida judge rebukes father in son's manslaughter sentencing

A Florida judge sharply criticized David Contreras during his sentencing for fatally shooting his son after a family trip to Disney World. Contreras, 54, received 12 years in prison plus 10 years probation for the 2023 manslaughter of 21-year-old Eric Contreras in Miami. The judge rejected Contreras's claim of personal suffering.

David Contreras pleaded guilty on Monday to manslaughter in the death of his son Eric on November 3, 2023. The incident followed an argument after the family returned from Disney World. Contreras called 911, stating, 'I'd been fighting with my son and I lost it on him. He wouldn't stop,' according to WPLG reporting from the courtroom. Prosecutors noted Eric was kneeling or crouching when shot; Contreras faced initial second-degree murder charges before the plea deal. Judge David Young sentenced him to 12 years in prison followed by 10 years probation. Before sentencing, Contreras said, 'I'm sorry. This is something I can't get back... I'm the one who has to live with it.' Young responded, 'You have to live with it, sir? Your wife has to live with it, sir. Your other son has to live with it, sir. Your future grandchildren have to live with it, sir. A lot of people. It's horrible,' as reported by WSVN and WPLG. Family and friends of Eric Contreras spoke in court. Friend Jose Alfonso said, 'He was a young man who would have cared for his parents as they aged... David took from the world the very person that loved him the most.' Eric's girlfriend added, 'I found the love that people search their whole entire lives for.'

Articoli correlati

Jose Luis Rodriguez, a 61-year-old from Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the deaths of a couple and their one-year-old son, receiving three consecutive life sentences without parole. The killings occurred in September 2025, after Rodriguez shot the mother in his car, drowned the toddler in a pond, and later killed the father. Berks County authorities described the child's death as particularly horrific.

Riportato dall'IA

Brian McGann Jr. was sentenced to 38 years in prison after pleading guilty to second-degree murder in the 2024 beating death of his father. The attack occurred after McGann Jr. learned that his father had received a vaccine. A judge in Palm Beach County handed down the sentence on Thursday.

A former fire captain in California has been sentenced to two consecutive life terms without parole for killing his fiancée and her young son during a dispute over a movie. El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Mark A. Ralphs imposed the sentence on Darin McFarlin on Monday following his guilty plea earlier this year. The killings occurred in August 2025 amid an argument that escalated into violence.

Riportato dall'IA

Superior Court Justice Kristin E. Rodgers has sentenced 55-year-old Luis Sepulveda to two consecutive life sentences for the first-degree murder of his 44-year-old relative Angel Rodriguez. The fatal shooting occurred during a Mother's Day party in Providence, Rhode Island, in 2023. Sepulveda was convicted by a jury in October on multiple charges including murder and illegal firearm possession.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta