Hong Kong expo vendors expect 20% sales boost

Vendors at the Hong Kong Brands and Products Expo anticipate up to a 20% sales increase from last year, thanks to larger crowds and favorable weather. The 59th edition of the event, organized by the Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong, opened at Victoria Park in Causeway Bay and runs for 24 days until January 5. Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po was among the first visitors, browsing and purchasing various items.

The Hong Kong Brands and Products Expo, one of the city's largest annual bazaars, kicked off its 59th edition on Saturday at Victoria Park in Causeway Bay, running for 24 days until January 5. Organized by the Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong, the fair features more than 900 booths offering food, home appliances, beauty, and health products at significant discounts. Some exhibitors are introducing modern twists on traditional items to draw in shoppers.

Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po was among the early visitors, stopping by stalls selling supplements, candles, and coffee, while tasting noodles, sea cucumber, and dim sum. Vendors are optimistic, projecting sales to rise by up to 20% compared to last year, attributed to higher attendance and good weather.

“We brought 20 per cent more stock with us this year,” said Lisa Lau, managing director of Ah Yat Abalone Princess, known for its HK$1 (13 US cents) deal on a bag of abalone products worth HK$460 for the first 20 orders. “We used to do this offer only on the first day of the fair, but we’re doing it for eight days this year in response to the organiser’s call, in the hope of helping spread some joy after what had happened in Tai Po,” she added, referring to the deadly fire that killed at least 160 people last month.

The expo highlights Hong Kong brands and aims to boost consumer spending through promotions and innovations.

Articoli correlati

The 139th Canton Fair opened in Guangzhou on April 15, setting records despite Middle East tensions disrupting travel. It features over 32,000 companies, 75,700 booths and a 1.55 million square metre area. Exporters voice concerns over geopolitical risks affecting Europe and emerging markets.

Riportato dall'IA

More than 50 restaurants and shops in Hong Kong's Central district have joined a 'tourism everywhere' initiative to promote local delicacies and goods while offering discounts to residents and tourists. The programme, announced by the Hong Kong Small and Medium Enterprises Association on Friday, runs from May 1 to the end of June, overlapping with mainland China's Labour Day golden week. Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Algernon Yau Ying-wah said it would draw more visitors and boost spending.

A major exhibition of more than 250 sets of Han dynasty relics, with over 95 per cent shown in Hong Kong for the first time, has opened at the Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre in Tsim Sha Tsui. Titled “The Majestic Han: A Golden Age of Vigour and Cultural Integration”, it runs until September 20 with free admission. Development chief Bernadette Linn Hon-ho called it a “sequel” to last year’s Tang dynasty showcase.

Riportato dall'IA

Hongkongers crossed into Shenzhen in large numbers on the second day of the Easter holiday on Saturday, drawn by bargain-priced shopping, dining, entertainment, and new landmarks like a futuristic tech museum. Immigration statistics showed 532,023 residents had departed Hong Kong by 9pm, including many via land borders. Travellers highlighted mainland China’s broader selections and lower prices.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta