São Paulo Gov. Tarcísio de Freitas declares support for Flávio Bolsonaro's 2026 presidential pre-candidacy at press conference.
São Paulo Gov. Tarcísio de Freitas declares support for Flávio Bolsonaro's 2026 presidential pre-candidacy at press conference.
AIによって生成された画像

Tarcísio de Freitas supports Flávio Bolsonaro's pre-candidacy

AIによって生成された画像

São Paulo Governor Tarcísio de Freitas declared support for Senator Flávio Bolsonaro's 2026 presidential pre-candidacy, reaffirming loyalty to Jair Bolsonaro. The statement followed Flávio's announcement with his father's endorsement, amid political criticisms and reactions. Tarcísio mentioned other opposition figures and said it is too early for final assessments.

On December 8, 2025, during a press conference in Diadema, in the ABC region of São Paulo, Governor Tarcísio de Freitas (Republicanos) broke his silence on Senator Flávio Bolsonaro's (PL-RJ) pre-candidacy for the 2026 presidency. Tarcísio, previously seen as a potential bolsonarismo candidate, stated: “Flávio will count on us.” He confirmed meeting Flávio on Friday, December 5, at the Palácio dos Bandeirantes, before the senator's official announcement, which had Jair Bolsonaro's endorsement.

Tarcísio reaffirmed his non-negotiable loyalty to the former president: “I always said I would be loyal to Bolsonaro, that I am grateful to Bolsonaro, I have that loyalty and it is non-negotiable.” He noted that Flávio takes on a great responsibility, joining other opposition figures like Romeu Zema (Novo-MG), Ronaldo Caiado (União Brasil-GO), and Ratinho Jr. (PSD-PR). The governor criticized the federal government, advocating for discussions on Brazil's structural issues and organizing the right around ideological convergences.

Asked about a Datafolha poll released on Saturday, showing Flávio 15 points behind Lula in a runoff while he himself would trail by five points, Tarcísio replied: “We will evaluate that over time, it's early. We have time to mature.” Flávio's announcement drew mixed reactions: Tarcísio's allies saw it as a humiliation, and financial markets recorded a 4% drop in the stock exchange and a rise in the dollar.

Flávio announced the pre-candidacy on Friday but on Sunday indicated he has “a price” to withdraw, possibly tied to amnesty for those involved in the January 8 events, including his father. On Monday, he backed down, stating the candidacy is “irreversible” and “not for sale.” Meanwhile, the PT approved a resolution on Saturday ignoring Flávio and criticizing Tarcísio as a neoliberal interlocutor, accusing him of turning São Paulo into a laboratory for privatizations and state reduction.

人々が言っていること

Discussions on X highlight Tarcísio de Freitas's declaration of support for Flávio Bolsonaro's 2026 presidential pre-candidacy, emphasizing his loyalty to Jair Bolsonaro. Positive reactions celebrate it as a unifying move for the right-wing opposition. Skeptical voices criticize the endorsement as tentative, pointing to Tarcísio's references to other candidates like Zema and Caiado, implying fragmentation. Centrão leaders express doubts about Flávio's viability, favoring alternatives like Tarcísio himself. Neutral posts focus on the political implications amid tensions with financial elites.

関連記事

Illustration of Flávio Bolsonaro facing reactions at a mayors' event due to revelations about visiting banker Daniel Vorcaro, for a news article on his pre-campaign.
AIによって生成された画像

Revelations on Flávio's visit to Vorcaro stir 2026 pre-campaign

AIによるレポート AIによって生成された画像

Flávio Bolsonaro confirmed on Tuesday that he visited banker Daniel Vorcaro after his first arrest in 2025. The revelation impacted his presidential pre-campaign and drew reactions at a mayors' event in Brasília.

Senator Flávio Bolsonaro spoke at a bolsonarista rally on Avenida Paulista in São Paulo this Sunday, wearing a bulletproof vest. He criticized the Lula government, referenced the INSS scandal involving the president's son, and vowed to amnesty his father, Jair Bolsonaro, if elected. Flávio extended nods to right-wing leaders like Tarcísio de Freitas and Silas Malafaia.

AIによるレポート

Following recent tensions over dismissals in the security secretariat, José Vicente Santini, advisor to Governor Tarcísio de Freitas, is expected to serve as an alternate for Guilherme Derrite's (PP) Senate candidacy in São Paulo. The move reinforces links between Tarcísio's administration and Flávio Bolsonaro's campaign.

Senator Sergio Moro has decided to leave União Brasil and join PL to run for Paraná governor in the 2026 elections, backed by Flávio Bolsonaro's party. The move breaks PL's alliance with Governor Ratinho Jr. and aims to secure a strong stage for the presidential candidate in the state.

AIによるレポート

Governor Cláudio Castro (PL) resigned from Rio de Janeiro's government on March 23, one day before the Superior Electoral Court (TSE) resumes a trial that could deem him ineligible for abuse of power. He said he leaves 'with his head held high' to run for Senate and highlighted his administration's achievements. Tribunal de Justiça president Ricardo Couto takes over interim, paving way for indirect election by Alerj.

このウェブサイトはCookieを使用します

サイトを改善するための分析にCookieを使用します。詳細については、プライバシーポリシーをお読みください。
拒否