Dramatic illustration of Iran's parliament speaker threatening U.S. and Israel amid ongoing anti-government protests.
Dramatic illustration of Iran's parliament speaker threatening U.S. and Israel amid ongoing anti-government protests.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Iran parliament speaker warns U.S. and Israel are 'legitimate targets' if America strikes, as protests enter third week

AI에 의해 생성된 이미지
사실 확인됨

Iran’s parliament speaker, Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, said U.S. forces and Israel would be “legitimate targets” if the United States attacks Iran, as nationwide anti-government protests crossed into a third week and activists reported at least 116 deaths and about 2,600 detentions amid an internet and communications blackout.

Nationwide protests challenging Iran’s theocracy continued into a third week, with demonstrators appearing in Tehran, Mashhad and other cities despite intensified security pressure and severe limits on information leaving the country.

Activists with the U.S.-based Human Rights Activists News Agency (HRANA) said at least 116 people had been killed and about 2,600 detained since the unrest began on December 28, 2025. Independent verification has been difficult because Iran has imposed a nationwide internet shutdown and cut international phone lines, according to reporting carried by NPR member stations.

In Tehran, videos circulated online—likely transmitted using Starlink satellite equipment—appeared to show nighttime gatherings in the Punak neighborhood, with people waving lit mobile phones, banging on metal and setting off fireworks. Other footage purported to show confrontations with security forces in Mashhad, Iran’s second-largest city and home to the Imam Reza shrine, with burning debris and dumpsters used as street barricades. Similar scenes were reported in Kerman.

In parliament, Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf issued a direct warning to Washington and Israel during a session broadcast live on state television, as lawmakers chanted “Death to America.” Qalibaf said that if Iran were attacked, Israel—referred to by Iranian officials as “the occupied territory”—and “all American military centers, bases and ships in the region” would be considered “legitimate targets.” He also promised severe punishment for those arrested and praised Iran’s security forces, including the Basij paramilitary.

U.S. President Donald Trump voiced support for protesters on social media, writing: “Iran is looking at FREEDOM, perhaps like never before. The USA stands ready to help!!!” The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unnamed U.S. officials, that Trump had been presented with military options but had not made a final decision. The U.S. State Department also issued a warning aimed at Iran, saying: “Do not play games with President Trump. When he says he’ll do something, he means it.”

Iran’s 86-year-old Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei holds ultimate authority over any decision to escalate militarily. Qalibaf’s threats came as officials in Tehran signaled a broader crackdown: Iran’s attorney general, Mohammad Movahedi Azad, warned that participants—or those who aided them—could be treated as “enemies of God,” a charge that can carry the death penalty.

Iranian state television aired scenes it said showed calm streets in some cities and also broadcast pro-government rallies, including in Qom and Qazvin. The U.S. military has said it remains postured in the Middle East with forces capable of defending U.S. personnel, partners and interests.

Separately, Reuters reported that Israel has gone on heightened alert over the possibility of U.S. intervention and that Israeli officials have held security consultations as the unrest in Iran continues.

사람들이 말하는 것

X users widely shared videos and quotes of Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf warning that US forces and Israel would be legitimate targets if America strikes amid ongoing protests. Neutral reports from journalists and news outlets dominate, while critics highlight the regime's hypocrisy in threatening externally during domestic crackdowns and call for US support to protesters. Pro-regime voices endorse the defensive posture. Skepticism prevails regarding Iran's ability to follow through given internal unrest.

관련 기사

Dramatic illustration of US-Israeli strikes sinking Iranian warships, US casualties, amid political backlash and rising oil prices in Operation Epic Fury.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Iran strikes update: US casualties mount as operation hits 1,000 targets

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

As Operation Epic Fury continues into its fifth day, U.S. and Israeli strikes have hit over 1,000 Iranian targets, sinking warships and crippling communications, but Iran retaliated, killing four U.S. service members. Political backlash grows with polls showing majority opposition and pushes for congressional oversight amid rising oil prices.

US President Donald Trump has announced the death of Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Chamenei. Israel and the US have launched attacks against Iran, initiating a new war. Tehran has responded with counterattacks, including a rocket strike on Tel Aviv that killed one person.

AI에 의해 보고됨

The U.S.-Israeli war on Iran—sparked February 28, 2026, by strikes killing Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei—entered its third week on March 16 with continued bombardments on infrastructure and cities. President Trump claimed U.S. strikes "totally demolished" key oil facilities on Kharg Island, while Iran's foreign minister denied ceasefire requests. Civilian casualties have reached 1,348 amid rising destruction and Iranian vows of resistance.

The United States and Israel launched airstrikes on Iran on February 28, 2026, killing Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Iran retaliated by striking Israel and targets in Gulf states, intensifying the regional conflict. In India, flight cancellations and protests in Kashmir have followed.

AI에 의해 보고됨

A spokesperson for Iran's armed forces has warned that promenades, resorts, and tourist centers globally will not be safe for American officials, military personnel, and civilians. The statement from Gen. Abolfazl Shekarchi follows recent Israeli strikes that killed several top Iranian leaders. U.S. officials have noted Iran's history of overseas plots against Americans.

Mojtaba Khamenei, Iran's newly appointed supreme leader, released a written statement warning neighboring countries hosting US military bases to close them or face further attacks. The message, his first public remarks since his father's assassination, also revealed the deaths of several family members in ongoing US-Israeli strikes. Khamenei urged national unity and praised Iran's regional allies amid the escalating conflict.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Iranian state media confirmed on Sunday that supreme leader ayatollah ali khamenei died in a joint US-Israel attack on February 28. US president Donald Trump described it as the greatest chance for Iranians to 'take back' their country. The incident has escalated tensions in the region, with Iran launching retaliatory strikes.

 

 

 

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부