Sony confirms single-player games will stay playstation 5 exclusive

Sony has decided to keep its narrative single-player games exclusive to the PlayStation 5 and stop releasing them on PC. The move follows an internal confirmation by a top executive. It reverses an earlier strategy of bringing more titles to other platforms.

PlayStation Studios boss Hermen Hulst told staff during a town hall meeting on Monday that the company's narrative single-player games will now remain PlayStation exclusive. Bloomberg reporter Jason Schreier shared the details on Bluesky, noting that the decision confirms earlier reporting from March. Hulst's remarks came as Sony weighs concerns over weak PC sales and risks to the PlayStation 5 brand and future consoles.

관련 기사

Illustrative image of a PS5 console with exclusive games like Ghost of Yotei and Saros behind a locked gate blocking PCs, symbolizing Sony's decision to halt single-player PC ports.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Sony halts PC ports for first-party single-player PlayStation games

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Sony Interactive Entertainment has abandoned plans to release current and future first-party single-player PlayStation games on PC, according to a Bloomberg report. Titles including last year's Ghost of Yotei and the upcoming Saros—a Returnal successor set for April 30—will stay exclusive to PS5, while multiplayer games like Marathon (launching tomorrow on PS5 and PC) and Marvel Tokon continue multi-platform. This reverses six years of ports since Horizon Zero Dawn.

Sony has decided to stop releasing its biggest PlayStation 5 single-player narrative games on PC, PlayStation Studios CEO Hermen Hulst told staff during a May 18 town hall. The shift, first reported in March, begins with titles such as Ghost of Yōtei and Saros.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Industry insiders indicate that Sony is reducing PC releases for its single-player PS5 games, potentially leaving titles like Wolverine exclusive to consoles. This strategic pivot, decided last year, prioritizes the PlayStation ecosystem over broader platform support. The move follows mixed results from previous PC ports.

Peter Dalton, technical director at Bluepoint Games, suggests that Valve's upcoming Steam Machine has led Sony to port fewer PS5 exclusive games to PC. He argues that the device poses a threat by bringing PC gaming to living rooms. This comes amid reports that projects like Marvel’s Wolverine and Ghost of Yōtei may remain console-only.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Sony has closed Dark Outlaw Games, a first-party studio founded in 2025 by former Call of Duty producer Jason Blundell, before it could announce its debut PlayStation title. Bloomberg's Jason Schreier reported the shutdown, which followed an internal announcement on Tuesday and aligns with broader PlayStation staff cuts, including mobile development teams, amid Sony's challenges with multiplayer and live-service games.

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부