Jakarta East government finds 27 unlicensed padel courts

The Jakarta East city government records 27 out of 57 padel courts in its area without proper permits. Mayor Munjirin revealed this fact while announcing ongoing enforcement efforts. Recent sealings occurred in Kebon Pala and Pulomas.

On Thursday, March 12, 2026, Jakarta East Mayor Munjirin stated that out of about 57 padel courts in the area, 27 lack permits while 30 have them. "So total in Jakarta East there are about 57 padel courts, and about 27 without permits, and 30 already permitted," Munjirin said at Jalan Kolonel Sutomo, Kebon Pala, Makasar.

As part of enforcement, the Sub-Directorate of Spatial Planning, Urban Development and Land Affairs (Sudin Citata) is monitoring and acting against violating courts. Unpermitted courts or those misusing permits will be sealed and followed up. "We continue to monitor the proliferation of padel court constructions in Jakarta East. And we will follow up," Munjirin said.

Monitoring will be ongoing by Sudin Citata with local districts and sub-districts. Munjirin urged local officials to actively report violations. After sealing, sites are periodically checked to prevent rule-breaking activities.

One recent action was the sealing in Kebon Pala Sub-district, Makasar District, at Jalan Kolonel Sutomo 1 Number 22. The building originally had a 2018 boarding house permit but was used as a padel court. This marks the eighth such sealing in Jakarta East.

Additionally, a permanent sealing occurred in the Pulomas area, Kayu Putih Sub-district, Pulogadung District. "We have re-sealed it. Previously we sealed it. Then second, we issued a warning letter for permanent sealing of this building," said Head of Sudin CKTRP Wiwit Djalu Adji on February 26, 2026. The action was due to permit discrepancies and lack of Building Suitability Certificate (SLF), violating Law Number 6 of 2023, Government Regulation Number 16 of 2021, and Number 21 of 2021.

Munjirin hopes these steps ensure sports facility developments proceed orderly in line with spatial planning and permitting rules.

Relaterte artikler

Jakarta officials imposing sanctions on an unpermitted padel court, with Governor Pramono Anung addressing the media amid urban bustle.
Bilde generert av AI

Jakarta imposes gradual sanctions on unpermitted padel courts

Rapportert av AI Bilde generert av AI

The Jakarta Provincial Government has identified 185 padel courts operating without required building permits. Authorities are initiating gradual sanctions to address the issue. Governor Pramono Anung has responded to the concerns raised.

The East Jakarta City Government sealed an unlicensed padel court on March 12, 2026, as part of efforts to regulate sports facilities. Officials from the DKI Jakarta Department of Construction, Spatial Planning, and Land assisted in the operation. This action highlights ongoing concerns over 27 unlicensed padel courts among 57 in the area.

Rapportert av AI

The Jakarta Provincial Government has sealed two padel courts for operating without proper building permits, amid resident complaints about noise. The actions follow similar enforcement against another facility earlier in the week. Officials emphasize the need for compliance to maintain environmental standards.

Dover District Council has approved the construction of two padel courts at Sandwich Tennis Club, following an amendment from an original plan for three. Work is scheduled to begin in late April or early May, aiming for completion before the summer season. The project has generated local interest amid concerns about noise and visual impact.

Rapportert av AI

East Riding of Yorkshire Council has approved plans to construct two padel courts at Driffield Rugby Union Club. The development, proposed by Yorkshire Padel Clubs Ltd, aims to expand sports facilities in the area. The courts will be built on unused storage land, alongside a new reception hut and picnic benches.

Cork City Council has rejected plans for a new large-scale padel tennis facility in Bishopstown due to zoning restrictions. The site is designated for light industrial use, not sports facilities. An Coimisiún Pleanála upheld the refusal, emphasizing the need to preserve employment land.

Rapportert av AI

Indonesia's Public Works Ministry is planning 1,000 temporary housing units for residents along railway tracks, particularly in Jakarta's Senen and Tanah Abang areas. The initiative follows President Prabowo Subianto's inspection on March 26, 2026. Minister Dody Hanggodo said designs will be modular and adapted to available land.

 

 

 

Dette nettstedet bruker informasjonskapsler

Vi bruker informasjonskapsler for analyse for å forbedre nettstedet vårt. Les vår personvernerklæring for mer informasjon.
Avvis