Iran shoots down US F-15 jet in southern region

Anadolu Agency reports Iran downed a US F-15 fighter jet in southern Iran for the first time since the war began over a month ago. One of two pilots is confirmed dead, the other unaccounted for. Rescue operations are ongoing.

Anadolu Agency reports that Iranian forces shot down a US F-15 fighter jet in southern Iran. This marks the first such incident more than a month after the war began.

The two pilots aboard: one confirmed killed in action, the other unaccounted for. Search and rescue operations are underway following the crash.

Iranian state media Press TV had previously released images claiming the downing of an F-15 Strike Eagle. BBC and other outlets verified the wreckage as belonging to a US F-15.

The Pentagon has offered no comment. The downing occurred amid statements from US President Donald Trump claiming American jets operate unchallenged over Iranian airspace.

Makala yanayohusiana

Dramatic illustration of US special forces rescuing F-15E crew from downed jet in Iranian mountains amid Iranian bounty hunt.
Picha iliyoundwa na AI

Trump hails 'daring' US rescue of F-15E crew from downed jet in Iran amid bounty and Chinese praise for defenses

Imeripotiwa na AI Picha iliyoundwa na AI

Former President Donald Trump hailed the US military's rescue of both crew members from an F-15E fighter jet downed by Iranian air defenses near Isfahan as 'one of the most daring' operations in history. The pilot was extracted shortly after the crash, while the wounded weapons systems officer—a colonel—evaded capture for nearly 48 hours using survival training before rescue from remote mountains. Iran offered rewards for the crew's capture, as Chinese experts noted the downing boosts Tehran's morale and air-defense prowess.

A U.S. F-15 fighter jet went down in Iran and a second Air Force plane crashed near the Strait of Hormuz on Friday, according to a U.S. official. Iran launched drone and missile attacks on Gulf refineries, igniting fires at Kuwait's largest facility. The incidents cap a fifth week of intensified U.S.-Israeli strikes against Iran.

Imeripotiwa na AI

Qatar shot down two Iranian Su-24 bombers—the first aerial clash with manned Iranian aircraft in the three-day Israel-Iran war—as Iran launched fresh ballistic missiles at Israel in retaliation for strikes on Tehran. Attacks on energy infrastructure are disrupting Gulf production.

The United States and Israel launched a joint attack on Iran on February 28, 2026, confirming the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. The operation, dubbed 'Epic Fury,' aimed to degrade Iran's nuclear and military capabilities, prompting retaliatory missile strikes on Israel and US bases in the region. The conflict has led to airspace closures and fears of escalation in the Middle East.

Imeripotiwa na AI

An Iranian missile struck the Prince Sultan Air Base near Riyadh on Friday, wounding several U.S. service members and damaging aircraft. A U.S. official confirmed the injuries at the Saudi-U.S. shared facility. The attack comes amid ongoing Iranian strikes on U.S. bases since the war began a month ago.

The US-led military operation against Iran, launched on February 28, has entered its second week, prompting fluctuations in global oil prices and the exodus of thousands of Afghans and Pakistanis from the country. President Donald Trump described the conflict as ahead of schedule and largely complete, while Iranian officials issued mixed signals amid leadership fragmentation. Democrats and media outlets have labeled it a potential 'forever war,' calling for congressional approval.

Imeripotiwa na AI Imethibitishwa ukweli

Iran’s parliament speaker said Tehran expects any U.S. ground move to be met with a severe response, while Pakistan said it is prepared to host U.S.-Iran talks “in the coming days” after a meeting of regional foreign ministers in Islamabad.

 

 

 

Tovuti hii inatumia vidakuzi

Tunatumia vidakuzi kwa uchambuzi ili kuboresha tovuti yetu. Soma sera ya faragha yetu kwa maelezo zaidi.
Kataa