Dramatic illustration of fired U-M coach Sherrone Moore under arrest outside a home amid scandal.
Dramatic illustration of fired U-M coach Sherrone Moore under arrest outside a home amid scandal.
Picha iliyoundwa na AI

University of Michigan fires coach Sherrone Moore; ex-coach later charged after alleged incident at woman’s home

Picha iliyoundwa na AI
Imethibitishwa ukweli

The University of Michigan fired head football coach Sherrone Moore on Wednesday after determining he had engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a staff member. Hours later, Moore was arrested and has since been charged with home invasion and stalking in connection with an alleged incident at the woman’s residence, according to court records and multiple news reports. The case has raised questions about when university officials first learned of the misconduct.

On Wednesday, December 10, 2025, University of Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel fired head football coach Sherrone Moore for cause after an internal investigation concluded that Moore engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a staff member, according to the university and multiple news outlets.

David Cone, a former Michigan quarterback and now a co-host on The Daily Wire’s Crain & Company, told the outlet’s Morning Wire podcast that he first heard allegations in September from what he described as a reliable source close to the program. Cone said he was told that Moore had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with a staff member and that the relationship "likely resulted in a pregnancy that was terminated." Cone emphasized that he was relaying what sources had told him and that some people he spoke to described the story as rumor, even as others echoed similar concerns throughout the fall, including former players and people connected to the team.

“A sad day for Michigan football. A sad day for this country,” Cone said in the interview, adding that he was praying for those involved and stressing the seriousness of the accusations.

Cone also cited longtime Michigan reporter and author John U. Bacon, who wrote that a University of Michigan employee presented senior leaders with what Bacon described as "irrefutable" documentation of Moore’s conduct on Wednesday morning. According to Bacon’s account, once the university president and regents reviewed the material, Manuel moved to fire Moore later that afternoon. Bacon further reported that Moore was then placed in protective custody in a mental health facility following his detention.

Subsequent reporting from law enforcement and court proceedings has provided additional detail. Police in Pittsfield Township said Moore was arrested hours after his firing in connection with an alleged assault at the home of a woman with whom he had been in a relationship. Prosecutors have since charged Moore with felony third-degree home invasion and two misdemeanors, including stalking within a domestic relationship and unlawful entry or breaking and entering, according to charging documents and multiple national news reports. Those reports state that prosecutors allege Moore entered the woman’s apartment after she ended their relationship and threatened self-harm while handling kitchen utensils.

Authorities have not publicly named the woman, but several outlets have reported that she is the same university staff member whose relationship with Moore led to his dismissal. Court records indicate that Moore appeared in court by video, was granted a $25,000 bond, and was ordered to undergo mental health treatment, wear a GPS monitor, and have no contact with the alleged victim.

The timing of the firing has fueled scrutiny from some observers, coming roughly a week after National Signing Day, when recruits signed letters of intent to play for Michigan under Moore’s leadership. On Morning Wire, Cone questioned how university officials weigh anonymous tips and rumors against verified information, and whether administrators could or should have acted earlier. He stressed that the situation extends beyond football, affecting families and lives.

As of the latest reports, Moore has pleaded not guilty through his attorney. University officials have said they will not comment further on personnel matters or ongoing legal proceedings. Details about the broader scope of any internal reviews and the full timeline of what university leaders knew and when remain limited to public statements and accounts from reporters and law-enforcement officials.

Watu wanasema nini

X discussions condemn former Michigan coach Sherrone Moore's alleged home invasion and stalking after his firing for an inappropriate relationship. Users highlight his threats with knives, potential prison time, and contract loss. Rival fans mock Michigan scandals, while some question university cover-ups. Reactions emphasize personal accountability and consequences.

Makala yanayohusiana

Illustration of a UNC Asheville business professor facing arrest on campus
Picha iliyoundwa na AI

UNC Asheville business professor faced April trespassing and resisting charges; later arrested on assault allegations

Imeripotiwa na AI Picha iliyoundwa na AI Imethibitishwa ukweli

Susan Clark Muntean, an associate professor in UNC Asheville’s business department, was charged on April 8 with second-degree trespassing and resisting a public officer, according to a local crime report. Separate arrest-record postings and a later report also describe assault-related charges in Buncombe County later in April.

Paige Shiver, the University of Michigan staff member identified as Sherrone Moore's alleged affair partner, has left the program after her contract expired without renewal. This development follows Moore's December 2025 firing for an inappropriate relationship and subsequent criminal charges.

Imeripotiwa na AI

A 44-year-old Michigan woman faces an open murder charge after allegedly shooting her 52-year-old boyfriend in the back of the head during an argument at their home. Jennifer Dana Moore called 911 on April 22, admitting she shot Joseph Wayne Worley, who died at the scene. She told investigators the revolver discharged accidentally as he walked away.

An 18-year-old man was taken into custody after allegedly opening fire at a pickup soccer game in Grand Rapids, Michigan, killing a 14-year-old boy and a 39-year-old mother of eight.

Imeripotiwa na AI

A 22-year-old medicine technician at a Maryland senior living facility has been charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of an 87-year-old resident. Authorities allege the suspect administered medication to the victim before tampering with security sensors and fleeing the scene. The incident occurred at the Cogir Potomac facility in Potomac, Maryland.

Jumatano, 29. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 01:29:17

Michigan man gets up to 60 years for killing ex-girlfriend

Alhamisi, 2. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 05:10:49

Michigan man strangled grandmother over job dispute, court hears

Alhamisi, 26. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 05:00:59

Minnesota student arrested for fraternity threats after rejection

Jumatano, 25. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 22:52:13

Arkansas staff charged in death of 21-year-old at development center

Ijumaa, 20. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 07:32:04

Chicago freshman shot dead near Loyola campus beach

Jumatano, 11. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 07:30:56

Ed Martin faces ethics charges over Georgetown Law threats

Alhamisi, 5. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 23:19:57

Wisconsin man charged with home invasion after leaving work early

Alhamisi, 5. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 19:35:58

Michigan man pleads no contest in girlfriend's torture and murder

Jumatano, 4. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 02:48:36

Pitt fires women's basketball coach Tory Verdi

Jumatatu, 2. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 22:17:43

University of memphis women's basketball player arrested on assault charges

Tovuti hii inatumia vidakuzi

Tunatumia vidakuzi kwa uchambuzi ili kuboresha tovuti yetu. Soma sera ya faragha yetu kwa maelezo zaidi.
Kataa