Cebu starts P94 million bridge repairs in quake-hit northern towns

The Cebu Provincial Government has begun repairing four additional bridges damaged by a magnitude 6.9 earthquake last year. The projects, costing P94.2 million, aim to restore access and mobility in affected northern communities.

The Provincial Engineering Office confirmed the new rehabilitation works on May 14. These include repairs to Poblacion Borbon Bridge I and II, Tabunan Bridge I and II in Borbon, and Calumboyan Bridge in Sogod. The efforts form part of the province's recovery program following the September 30, 2025, quake.

Provincial officials said the projects will improve public safety and reliable transportation for residents, motorists, and businesses. The new works are separate from ongoing repairs worth P159.732 million in the fourth and fifth districts, which cover eight other bridges.

Earlier recovery efforts under the Kumbati Cebu initiative have coordinated with the Department of Public Works and Highways to prioritize infrastructure needs. The 2025 earthquake caused significant damage to roads and bridges across several northern Cebu municipalities.

Related Articles

The Department of Public Works and Highways has reduced the EDSA rehabilitation project's budget to P5.8 billion from an original P17 billion, Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said. The first phase finished early, with bidding for phase two underway this month. The revised plan aims to minimize traffic disruption in Metro Manila.

Reported by AI

The Satgas PRR is accelerating repairs to roads and bridges in Aceh, North Sumatra, and West Sumatra to restore connectivity for survivors of the hydrometeorological disaster. As of April 18, nearly all damaged national and local roads and bridges are functional again. Head of Satgas PRR Muhammad Tito Karnavian emphasized infrastructure reconstruction as the top priority.

Spain's Transport Minister Óscar Puente has unveiled a 1.629 million euro extraordinary plan to improve surfaces on state roads from 2027 to 2031. The initiative adds to the 1.800 million euros allocated annually for conserving the 26.500 km state road network. Puente acknowledged a structural deficit of 5.600 million euros in maintenance.

Reported by AI

Malacañang has asked the public to wait patiently for the results of investigations into the multibillion-peso flood control controversy, stating that investigators are conducting a thorough job. A government official's statement noted that findings have been submitted to the Ombudsman and Department of Justice. This comes after calls for accountability from the Iglesia ni Cristo regarding corruption allegations.

This website uses cookies

We use cookies for analytics to improve our site. Read our privacy policy for more information.
Decline