Cebu starts P94 million bridge repairs in quake-hit northern towns

The Cebu Provincial Government has begun repairing four additional bridges damaged by a magnitude 6.9 earthquake last year. The projects, costing P94.2 million, aim to restore access and mobility in affected northern communities.

The Provincial Engineering Office confirmed the new rehabilitation works on May 14. These include repairs to Poblacion Borbon Bridge I and II, Tabunan Bridge I and II in Borbon, and Calumboyan Bridge in Sogod. The efforts form part of the province's recovery program following the September 30, 2025, quake.

Provincial officials said the projects will improve public safety and reliable transportation for residents, motorists, and businesses. The new works are separate from ongoing repairs worth P159.732 million in the fourth and fifth districts, which cover eight other bridges.

Earlier recovery efforts under the Kumbati Cebu initiative have coordinated with the Department of Public Works and Highways to prioritize infrastructure needs. The 2025 earthquake caused significant damage to roads and bridges across several northern Cebu municipalities.

Makala yanayohusiana

The Department of Public Works and Highways has reduced the EDSA rehabilitation project's budget to P5.8 billion from an original P17 billion, Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said. The first phase finished early, with bidding for phase two underway this month. The revised plan aims to minimize traffic disruption in Metro Manila.

Imeripotiwa na AI

The Satgas PRR is accelerating repairs to roads and bridges in Aceh, North Sumatra, and West Sumatra to restore connectivity for survivors of the hydrometeorological disaster. As of April 18, nearly all damaged national and local roads and bridges are functional again. Head of Satgas PRR Muhammad Tito Karnavian emphasized infrastructure reconstruction as the top priority.

Spain's Transport Minister Óscar Puente has unveiled a 1.629 million euro extraordinary plan to improve surfaces on state roads from 2027 to 2031. The initiative adds to the 1.800 million euros allocated annually for conserving the 26.500 km state road network. Puente acknowledged a structural deficit of 5.600 million euros in maintenance.

Imeripotiwa na AI

Malacañang has asked the public to wait patiently for the results of investigations into the multibillion-peso flood control controversy, stating that investigators are conducting a thorough job. A government official's statement noted that findings have been submitted to the Ombudsman and Department of Justice. This comes after calls for accountability from the Iglesia ni Cristo regarding corruption allegations.

Jumatano, 13. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 06:50:41

Magnitude 5.3 quake jolts Cagayan; aftershocks expected

Jumanne, 12. Mwezi wa tano 2026, 14:14:36

Daraja jipya la Chesongo lisombwa na mafuriko saa chache baada ya kuzinduliwa

Jumanne, 28. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 18:09:03

Airlangga confirms Rp 4 trillion APBN funding for 1,800 train crossing repairs

Jumapili, 19. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 17:29:03

DENR lifts cease order against Monterrazas de Cebu

Jumatano, 1. Mwezi wa nne 2026, 15:36:18

Sen. Gatchalian warns of P400-billion Bayanihan 3 budget amid oil crisis fears

Jumatatu, 30. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 20:22:46

Marcos opens Cavitex-C5 Southlink segment 3B

Jumapili, 22. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 04:40:37

UNGRD prepares plan to fix failures in Providencia and Santa Catalina reconstruction

Ijumaa, 20. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 02:18:59

ICC probes Naujan flood control project amid mayor's claims

Alhamisi, 12. Mwezi wa tatu 2026, 10:41:21

Kenha yatoa muundo mpya wa daraja la Nithi

Jumamosi, 21. Mwezi wa pili 2026, 09:16:34

Citizen-led infrastructure monitoring launched as new people power

Tovuti hii inatumia vidakuzi

Tunatumia vidakuzi kwa uchambuzi ili kuboresha tovuti yetu. Soma sera ya faragha yetu kwa maelezo zaidi.
Kataa