Dpwh targets january 2026 opening for bukidnon highway detour

The department of public works and highways in northern mindanao announced a more than p46 million detour near a collapsed highway section linking cagayan de oro, bukidnon, and davao to open in january 2026. This follows an october landslide that killed an elderly couple and severed traffic between northern mindanao and davao regions. The disruption is causing estimated economic losses of at least p187 million daily.

In october, heavy rains triggered a landslide on a section of the national highway in sitio kipolot, barangay palacapao, quezon town, bukidnon, killing an elderly couple on a tricycle. The incident severed a critical link between northern mindanao and davao regions, severely impacting the local economy.

Mylah faye aurora cariño, director of the department of economy, planning, and development, estimated daily losses at p187 million, equivalent to 1.19% of northern mindanao’s gross regional domestic product. If the disruption persists until december 31, losses could reach p14 billion, potentially climbing to p48.1 billion without full rehabilitation by june 30, 2026.

Novie cabrido, dpwh-x information officer, stated on december 15 that the 460-linear meter four-lane detour, costing p46.6 million from the dpwh quick response fund, is 65% complete. “Currently our engineers are correcting the grade of the road surface. By january there will be only minor activities to finish the project,” she said. Though not yet cemented, the detour will be passable for heavy trucks and vehicles.

Public works secretary vince dizon ordered the project post-collapse, giving engineers 45 days to complete it and alleviate burdens on truckers. A separate dpwh diversion handles small and light vehicles, while larger trucks face detours adding 60 to 100 kilometers, incurring p132 million in extra travel and logistics costs. Local farmers and vegetable vendors suffer p55 million daily from double handling, spoilage, and delays.

Relaterede artikler

The Department of Public Works and Highways has reduced the EDSA rehabilitation project's budget to P5.8 billion from an original P17 billion, Public Works Secretary Vince Dizon said. The first phase finished early, with bidding for phase two underway this month. The revised plan aims to minimize traffic disruption in Metro Manila.

Rapporteret af AI

The Cebu Provincial Government has begun repairing four additional bridges damaged by a magnitude 6.9 earthquake last year. The projects, costing P94.2 million, aim to restore access and mobility in affected northern communities.

Nandi Hills MP Bernard Kitur has requested a formal statement from the Ministry of Roads and Transport regarding delays in expanding the Eldoret-Shamahoho Highway, which has led to numerous fatal accidents. The road, designed in the late 1960s, can no longer handle the increased traffic between the North Rift and western regions. The MP is calling for immediate safety measures and clear timelines for the upgrade.

Rapporteret af AI

Naujan Mayor Henry Joel Teves claimed the municipal government has no records of a P289.5-million flood control project along Mag-Asawang Tubig River. However, his 2023 social media posts described it. The Independent Commission for Infrastructure found no liability for former House speaker Martin Romualdez.

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis