Illinois man convicted for threatening to kill President Trump

Trent Schneider, a 58-year-old resident of Winthrop Harbor, Illinois, was found guilty by a federal jury of making true threats against President Donald Trump. The conviction followed a three-day trial in U.S. District Court in Chicago. Schneider had posted numerous social media videos and messages vowing to kill the president.

Schneider posted at least 18 threats on Instagram under the username truthreaper888, including videos tagged with the location of Trump Tower in Chicago and the president's accounts. In one October 16 video, he declared directly to the camera, “@realDonaldTrump SHOULD BE EXECUTED!!!” He added, “I'm tired of all you f—ing frauds. People need to f—ing die and people are going to die. F— all of you, especially you Trump.” Another clip featured him stating, “I can get a lot of f—ing guns and I am going to take care of business.” Despite captions claiming “THIS IS NOT A THREAT!!!,” prosecutors argued these were true threats in interstate commerce, according to a Justice Department press release announcing the verdict last week after the trial in Chicago's federal court. He reposted some videos multiple times that day, drawing attention from a concerned citizen in Florida who alerted authorities. Law enforcement interviewed Schneider on October 22 at his home, where he became irate and yelled at investigators. Shortly after, he uploaded a video of the officers leaving his driveway with the same threatening caption. Authorities arrested him there in Winthrop Harbor. During court appearances, Schneider told a judge he would “burn this castle down,” insisting it was not a threat, and later quipped about staying in the “Trump motel” with popcorn, as reported by local outlet WBBM. U.S. Attorney Andrew Boutros emphasized, “Let this conviction send a clear message that it is never acceptable to threaten a political figure or a member of the judiciary.” Schneider has a prior criminal history, including 2022 threats to “shoot up” a T-Mobile store, for which he was deemed unfit to stand trial. He often wore a Punisher-style skull hat in his videos and past encounters with police.

Relaterede artikler

Illustration of FAA employee Dean DelleChiaie under arrest for allegedly emailing a death threat to President Trump.
Billede genereret af AI

FAA employee in New Hampshire charged after alleged email threat against President Trump

Rapporteret af AI Billede genereret af AI Faktatjekket

Dean DelleChiaie, a 35-year-old Federal Aviation Administration employee from Nashua, New Hampshire, was arrested Monday and charged with making an interstate threat against President Donald Trump after prosecutors said he sent an email to the White House stating he would “neutralize/kill” the president. He was expected to appear in federal court Tuesday.

A 29-year-old Chicago man faces federal charges after sending explicit threats to kill President Donald Trump, his son Barron, and Secret Service agents. Michael Kovco allegedly detailed plans for sniper attacks and other violence in messages to the CIA and White House. Authorities arrested him on April 3 following an investigation.

Rapporteret af AI

A 20-year-old man from Everett, Washington, has been charged with making repeated threats to kill President Donald Trump on social media, including vows to wear the president's face as a mask. Federal agents warned him to stop after an initial confrontation, but he continued posting alarming content. Phillip Wharton faces two counts of threatening a federal official and is scheduled for arraignment on March 5.

North Carolina police stopped a 41-year-old U.S. Army veteran from traveling to Washington, D.C., to kill President Donald Trump following explicit online threats. Daniel Swain faces potential federal charges for his Facebook posts targeting the president and his family. He is currently held on state drug and resisting arrest charges.

Rapporteret af AI

A Pennsylvania man faces federal charges for allegedly threatening to kill a U.S. congressman and urging the representative to assassinate President Donald Trump. Raymond Chandler III left disturbing voicemails outlining violent scenarios tied to wealth inequality and political grievances. The FBI reviewed the threats after the congressman's office reported them.

A 44-year-old Arizona man has been sentenced to 27 months in federal prison for posting violent threats against President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on social media. Michael David Hanson pleaded guilty to making threats against the president and his successors. The case highlights the legal consequences of online threats against U.S. leaders.

Rapporteret af AI

Miranda Perez, a Florida woman, pleaded guilty to making threats against President Donald Trump and was sentenced to 246 days of time served plus two years of probation. The threat was posted on Facebook in July 2025, referencing Trump's golf course. She faces restrictions including no social media and a mental health evaluation.

 

 

 

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis