Israeli navy detaining Gaza aid flotilla activists at Ashdod port
Israeli navy detaining Gaza aid flotilla activists at Ashdod port
Billede genereret af AI

Israeli navy detains 430 activists from Gaza aid flotilla

Billede genereret af AI

Israeli forces have detained 430 humanitarian activists from 40 countries aboard the Global Sumud Flotilla 2026 at Ashdod port after intercepting their ships en route to Gaza. Indonesian Foreign Minister Sugiono stated that the arrest of nine Indonesians is not a kidnapping case.

The activists came from 50 ships that sailed from southern Turkey to deliver humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip. Israel said all 430 have been transferred to its vessels and will meet consular representatives before being moved to Ketziot Prison in the Negev Desert.

Indonesian Foreign Minister Sugiono confirmed that nine Indonesians participating in the mission were intercepted because Israel prohibits any vessel from entering the area due to the naval blockade. He added that Indonesia has sought assistance from Jordan and Turkey to ensure their safety.

The rights group Adalah reported that the activists are being held without consent at Ashdod port. Indonesia urged Israel to release all ships and international humanitarian crew members.

Hvad folk siger

Initial reactions on X focus on the Israeli navy's interception and detention of Global Sumud Flotilla activists at Ashdod port, with criticism of alleged harsh treatment by officials like Itamar Ben-Gvir, international condemnations from countries including Italy and Australia, and calls for attention to humanitarian aid efforts for Gaza. Users from diverse backgrounds, including journalists and politicians, express skepticism about the blockade and demand releases, while some Indonesian accounts highlight the nine detained nationals.

Relaterede artikler

News illustration of Israeli interception of Gaza flotilla with detained Indonesians and flags, representing Indonesia's condemnation.
Billede genereret af AI

Indonesia condemns israel interception of gaza flotilla

Rapporteret af AI Billede genereret af AI

The Indonesian government strongly condemned Israeli forces for intercepting the Global Sumud Flotilla in international waters near Cyprus on Monday. Several Indonesian nationals including journalists were among those detained in the incident.

Israeli forces captured the Global Sumud Flotilla on Wednesday in international waters near Greece, carrying about 175 activists including seven Chileans such as Macarena Chahuán. Chile's Foreign Ministry expressed concern and ordered consular follow-up. The Chilean will be transferred to Greece after hours out of contact.

Rapporteret af AI

Israeli forces intercepted the Kyriakos X boat carrying South Korean activist Kim Dong-hyeon on Monday evening as it headed toward the Gaza Strip. A civic group reported the seizure on Tuesday, stating that Kim and other activists are now presumed detained on an Israeli warship. The incident follows Kim's departure earlier this month despite a South Korean government travel ban on the territory.

At least 17 people were arrested Saturday in Tel Aviv as Israeli police violently dispersed an antiwar protest against the U.S.-Israeli war on Iran, despite a top court order allowing the demonstration. Peace activist Alon-Lee Green, an organizer who was detained, said public support for the war has rapidly declined. Similar protests took place in Haifa and Jerusalem.

Rapporteret af AI

Hanifa humanisa gave her blessing to her son, journalist thoudy badai, to join the humanitarian global sumud flotilla mission to gaza despite the risks.

Captain Vijay Kumar and seven other Indian seafarers have left Bandar Abbas, Iran, for the Armenian border, nearly four months after their ship was detained. The UAE-based MT Valiant Roar was seized by Iran's IRGC on December 8, 2025, on suspicion of smuggling diesel. Regional crises and strikes on Iran delayed their release.

Rapporteret af AI

Two vessels carrying Filipino seafarers safely exited the Strait of Hormuz on April 25, bringing the total number moved out of the high-risk area to nearly 1,200, following diplomatic assurances from Iran. The Department of Migrant Workers reported 36 Filipinos aboard these vessels, with 15 others remaining on two ships seized by Iranian forces.

 

 

 

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis