Venezuelan man indicted on attempted murder charge in Gilgo Beach stabbing, DA says

Ruben Guanipa Ramirez, 26, a Venezuelan national, was indicted in Suffolk County on an attempted murder charge after prosecutors said he stabbed an acquaintance on Gilgo Beach in late February. Authorities said the two had played pool earlier that night before driving to the remote Long Island beach, where the victim fought back and escaped.

Suffolk County prosecutors say Ruben Guanipa Ramirez picked up the victim at his home in Queens on Feb. 28 and drove to Baldwin, where the two played pool at Sport Billiard Pool Hall.

Investigators say the pair then drove to Jones Beach and continued east to Gilgo Beach. As they walked back toward the vehicle, prosecutors allege Ramirez attacked the man from behind and stabbed him multiple times. Authorities say the victim struggled with his attacker, took control of the knife, and fled.

Prosecutors said the victim drove away and later contacted police and emergency responders. Ramirez was arrested later that same day after he was found walking along the Long Island Expressway in Nassau County, according to an account of the case published by LongIsland.com.

Authorities said a search of Ramirez’s vehicle turned up multiple knives and other items, including rope and duct tape.

“This defendant allegedly drove a man that he knew to a remote beach and attacked him from behind with a knife,” Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond A. Tierney said in a statement announcing the indictment. “The evidence recovered from his vehicle raises serious questions about what he intended that night.”

Ramirez was arraigned on March 31 and is scheduled to return to court on April 29, prosecutors said. If convicted of the top charge, he faces a prison term of 5 to 25 years, according to the same report.

Relaterede artikler

Realistic courtroom illustration of Rex Heuermann pleading guilty to the Gilgo Beach serial murders.
Billede genereret af AI

Rex Heuermann pleads guilty to seven Gilgo Beach murders

Rapporteret af AI Billede genereret af AI

Rex Heuermann pleaded guilty in Suffolk County Court to seven counts of murder in the Gilgo Beach serial killings and admitted to killing an eighth woman. The 62-year-old architect confessed to strangling the victims between 1993 and 2011. He faces life in prison without parole at sentencing on June 17.

An 18-year-old New York man faces second-degree murder charges after allegedly throwing boiling oil and water on his grandmother's fiance while he slept, then stabbing him to death. Noel Bermudez-Chin called 911 himself after the early morning attack in East Northport. The victim, 61-year-old Joseph Falvo, died at a hospital.

Rapporteret af AI

Yacov Levi, 50, faces felony charges after allegedly charging at people on a Surfside, Florida beach with a long drill and an umbrella while threatening to kill them. Surfside police arrested him following a confrontation captured on body camera footage. He made his first court appearance on Friday.

John Strano, 37, faces charges of attempted murder after allegedly beating and choking his 75-year-old mother during an argument in Williston Park, New York. Nassau County police say he slammed her head on the ground, punched her face, and struck her with a metal object while yelling, 'Why aren't you dying?' The victim is stable after hospitalization.

Rapporteret af AI

Gerald Vandermeer, a 57-year-old resident of Cedar City, Utah, has been sentenced to up to five years in prison after pleading guilty to homicide by assault in the death of his neighbor, Cory Whittenburg. The incident occurred on February 12, 2025, following a night of heavy drinking that escalated into a violent argument. Vandermeer admitted responsibility but delayed seeking help for the victim.

Two Michigan men have been arrested and charged following an alleged attack on a bar patron that left the victim unconscious and in critical condition. Angel Gustavo Galvan Flores and Jaziel Reyes Roman face counts of assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.

Rapporteret af AI

An Oswego County jury convicted Ricky Colon of second-degree murder in the beating death of Rachel Allen last February. On Monday, Judge Armen Nazarian sentenced the 37-year-old to 25 years to life in prison. The judge described the crime as one of the most brutal he had seen.

 

 

 

Dette websted bruger cookies

Vi bruger cookies til analyse for at forbedre vores side. Læs vores privatlivspolitik for mere information.
Afvis