Ohio woman gets 16-20 years for shooting at ex-husband's party

Olivia Clendenin was sentenced to 16 to 20 years in prison for attempted murder after opening fire on a house party in Warren County, Ohio, where her estranged husband and new boyfriend were present. The attack injured a random guest, Daniel Johnson, who was shot in the abdomen. The incident occurred in January 2024, with Clendenin convicted in early February.

On New Year's Eve in January 2024, Olivia Clendenin attended a house party on the 5500 block of Dearth Road in Clearcreek Township, Warren County. Upset upon seeing her estranged husband and new boyfriend together, she left the gathering before returning around 5 a.m. Driving her mother's 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Clendenin sped through the front yard and fired shots at the home, according to a Clearcreek Township police sergeant cited by the Dayton Daily News. A 29-year-old man, Daniel Johnson, standing on the porch, was struck in the abdomen. He was not the intended target, Johnson told the court at sentencing. 'I had been invited over and was sitting on the porch minding my business,' Johnson said. 'The defendant was attempting to shoot at someone else, and I was the one who ended up being shot.' Clendenin crashed the vehicle while fleeing, striking a guardrail and utility pole. Clearcreek police arrested her at the scene; she pleaded not guilty and was later released on bail under electronic home detention with a no-contact order for witnesses. A Warren County jury convicted her of attempted murder, two counts of felonious assault, and discharging a firearm into a home, as reported by WLWT. Last week, she received her 16-to-20-year sentence. Prosecutor David Fornshell stated, 'Clendenin may have started 2025 as a free person, but will spend the rest of 2026 and at a minimum the decade thereafter incarcerated.' At the hearing, Clendenin expressed remorse, saying, 'To Daniel, I am very, very glad that he is well... and I wish him nothing but the best in his future.'

Verwandte Artikel

A Franklin County judge sentenced 30-year-old Gage Smith to six years in prison for the reckless homicide of his girlfriend, Autumn Ward, whom he shot in the head in January 2025. Smith, who pleaded guilty to lesser charges, will be released in less than five years after credit for time served. Ward's mother decried the sentence as unfair.

Von KI berichtet

Darien Hobley, a 22-year-old from Ohio, has been sentenced to between eight and ten and a half years in prison after pleading guilty to involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of his 20-year-old girlfriend, Riley Jones. The incident occurred in August 2025 in the parking lot of an AutoZone store in Bedford. Hobley expressed remorse in court, stating he did not intend to harm her.

A 21-year-old man in Indiana faces charges of reckless homicide after his wife died from a gunshot wound and their newborn baby was injured in what he initially described as an accident. Cameron E. Tomlinson claimed Jessica Tomlinson accidentally shot herself while handling a revolver, but later admitted he may have pulled the trigger. Authorities arrested him following interviews and evidence collection at their apartment.

Von KI berichtet

A 29-year-old man faces first-degree murder charges after allegedly shooting his estranged wife during an argument at her Wichita apartment. The victim, identified as 25-year-old Ivy Unruh, died several days after the April 17 incident.

 

 

 

Diese Website verwendet Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies für Analysen, um unsere Website zu verbessern. Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie für weitere Informationen.
Ablehnen