Alabama man charged with murdering mother and two children

Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra faces three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Aurelia Choc Cac, her 17-year-old daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, and 2-year-old son Anthony Garcia Choc. Authorities found their bodies buried in a clandestine grave in woods associated with Argueta-Guerra. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

Authorities in Alabama discovered the bodies of Aurelia Choc Cac, 40, her daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, 17, and son Anthony Garcia Choc, 2, buried in plastic and bedding in a wooded area of Baldwin County. The victims had been killed with a sharp-edged weapon: the boy suffered sharp force trauma to the head, while his mother was stabbed in the chest and back, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by local NBC affiliate WPMI. Identification is based on jewelry found with the remains, though formal confirmation continues, Mobile County Sheriff Paul Burch said at a press conference on Wednesday after the bodies' discovery at a property linked to the suspect. The family was last seen around 3 p.m. on January 30 at their home in the 9000 block of Ben Hamilton Road in Theodore, about 15 miles southwest of Mobile. They were reported missing the next day following police discovery of signs of a struggle, including significant blood evidence, at the residence. Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra, 31, has been held in Mobile County Jail since February on kidnapping charges. Prosecutors added the first-degree murder counts on Thursday and intend to pursue capital punishment. Sheriff Burch described the suspect as 'an evil person who will face his judgment soon' and questioned any possible motive, asking, 'What motive would there be for killing a 2-year-old? We don't know.' Argueta-Guerra is said to be a member of the Sureños gang and had been slated for deportation in 2021 but was released. The sheriff's office posted on Facebook: 'Hector, you are a sick person to do what you did to this family and we know if convicted, you will never see the outside world again.'

Related Articles

Police cordon off a Torrevieja home during Civil Guard investigation into a child's tragic death.
Image generated by AI

Civil Guard probes three-year-old girl's murder as vicarious violence in Torrevieja

Reported by AI Image generated by AI

Spain's Civil Guard is investigating the death of a three-year-old girl allegedly killed by her 40-year-old father in a Torrevieja (Alicante) home, followed by his suicide. The mother alerted police after failing to contact them. Authorities are considering it a possible case of vicarious violence.

Colombia's Attorney General's Office has brought mother Karol Viviana Méndez Trujillo and stepfather Wilson Ariel Guerrero Cerón to trial for aggravated homicide, aggravated torture, and family violence leading to the death of two-year-old Jordán Alexander Cerón Méndez in Neiva. Prosecutor Mario Afanador stated that the couple 'turned this defenseless child's life into hell' through systematic abuse. The boy died on March 13, 2025, from peritonitis caused by severe beatings.

Reported by AI

An Oklahoma mother and her boyfriend have been charged with second-degree murder and child neglect after the death of her 9-year-old son. Authorities say the boy suffered severe abuse including brain injuries and BB pellets lodged in his organs.

Mexico City authorities arrested four people suspected in the murder of a couple and their two daughters in Azcapotzalco's Nueva Santa María neighborhood on April 28. The attack took place inside a home on Begonias street, where a banner signed by La Unión Tepito was found, though its authenticity is questioned. The suspects were caught in Mexico State with stolen vehicles and valuables.

Reported by AI

A Missouri couple has been charged with multiple counts including second-degree murder after authorities discovered the skeletal remains of their 18-year-old son buried in a shallow grave at their home. Chaun Asbury, 42, and Tamala Asbury, 45, were arrested in March during a search of their property in Piney Township. The investigation also uncovered severe neglect of three other children living in the residence.

A 32-year-old Florida mother faces charges of aggravated manslaughter and child neglect after her 2-year-old son wandered into the street and was killed by a pickup truck. The incident occurred in October 2025 outside her home in West Lealman. Alejandra Segundo Cruz was arrested on Thursday and held without bond.

Reported by AI

Agents from the Criminal Investigation Agency of the Eastern Regional Prosecutor's Office arrested Eva Zuleyma ‘N’ in Cuautla, Morelos, for aggravated sexual abuse against two minors. The accused was transferred to the State Center for Social Reintegration in Atlacholoaya, where she will await her initial hearing. The case highlights a woman as the perpetrator, an atypical profile in such crimes.

 

 

 

This website uses cookies

We use cookies for analytics to improve our site. Read our privacy policy for more information.
Decline