Alabama man charged with murdering mother and two children

Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra faces three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Aurelia Choc Cac, her 17-year-old daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, and 2-year-old son Anthony Garcia Choc. Authorities found their bodies buried in a clandestine grave in woods associated with Argueta-Guerra. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

Authorities in Alabama discovered the bodies of Aurelia Choc Cac, 40, her daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, 17, and son Anthony Garcia Choc, 2, buried in plastic and bedding in a wooded area of Baldwin County. The victims had been killed with a sharp-edged weapon: the boy suffered sharp force trauma to the head, while his mother was stabbed in the chest and back, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by local NBC affiliate WPMI. Identification is based on jewelry found with the remains, though formal confirmation continues, Mobile County Sheriff Paul Burch said at a press conference on Wednesday after the bodies' discovery at a property linked to the suspect. The family was last seen around 3 p.m. on January 30 at their home in the 9000 block of Ben Hamilton Road in Theodore, about 15 miles southwest of Mobile. They were reported missing the next day following police discovery of signs of a struggle, including significant blood evidence, at the residence. Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra, 31, has been held in Mobile County Jail since February on kidnapping charges. Prosecutors added the first-degree murder counts on Thursday and intend to pursue capital punishment. Sheriff Burch described the suspect as 'an evil person who will face his judgment soon' and questioned any possible motive, asking, 'What motive would there be for killing a 2-year-old? We don't know.' Argueta-Guerra is said to be a member of the Sureños gang and had been slated for deportation in 2021 but was released. The sheriff's office posted on Facebook: 'Hector, you are a sick person to do what you did to this family and we know if convicted, you will never see the outside world again.'

Articoli correlati

Police cordon off a Torrevieja home during Civil Guard investigation into a child's tragic death.
Immagine generata dall'IA

La Guardia Civil indaga l'omicidio di una bambina di tre anni come violenza vicaria a Torrevieja

Riportato dall'IA Immagine generata dall'IA

La Guardia Civil spagnola sta indagando sulla morte di una bambina di tre anni, presumibilmente uccisa dal padre quarantenne in un'abitazione di Torrevieja (Alicante), seguita dal suicidio dell'uomo. La madre ha allertato la polizia dopo non essere riuscita a mettersi in contatto con loro. Le autorità stanno valutando il caso come una possibile forma di violenza vicaria.

Colombia's Attorney General's Office has brought mother Karol Viviana Méndez Trujillo and stepfather Wilson Ariel Guerrero Cerón to trial for aggravated homicide, aggravated torture, and family violence leading to the death of two-year-old Jordán Alexander Cerón Méndez in Neiva. Prosecutor Mario Afanador stated that the couple 'turned this defenseless child's life into hell' through systematic abuse. The boy died on March 13, 2025, from peritonitis caused by severe beatings.

Riportato dall'IA

Alejandro Ruffo, 52 anni, detenuto per l'omicidio di suo figlio di 8 anni, è stato trovato senza vita nella sua cella dell'Unidad Penal 34 a Melchor Romero. Fonti di polizia suggeriscono un apparente suicidio legando un lenzuolo intorno al collo, senza segni di coinvolgimento di terzi. La madre del bambino, Natalia Ciak, ha espresso dolore e indignazione per la perdita del suo unico figlio.

Il giudice di controllo Sebastián García Amuchástegui ha confermato l'elevazione a processo orale del caso contro Pablo Laurta per il duplice femminicidio di Luna Giardina e di sua madre Mariel Zamudio a Córdoba. Laurta, già in detenzione preventiva per un altro omicidio, deve rispondere di accuse aggravate, tra cui la violenza di genere.

Riportato dall'IA

Le autorità di Città del Messico hanno arrestato quattro persone sospettate dell'omicidio di una coppia e delle loro due figlie nel quartiere Nueva Santa María di Azcapotzalco, avvenuto il 28 aprile. L'attacco è avvenuto all'interno di un'abitazione in via Begonias, dove è stato rinvenuto uno striscione firmato da La Unión Tepito, sebbene la sua autenticità sia oggetto di dubbi. I sospettati sono stati catturati nello Stato del Messico in possesso di veicoli rubati e oggetti di valore.

A 22-year-old mother, Blayin Guevara Sánchez, was stabbed to death by her ex-partner in rural Pitalito, Huila. The incident, which occurred last Sunday, marks the second femicide of the year in the department. Authorities are searching for the alleged perpetrator, Herminso Zapata Legos.

Riportato dall'IA

A 32-year-old Florida mother faces charges of aggravated manslaughter and child neglect after her 2-year-old son wandered into the street and was killed by a pickup truck. The incident occurred in October 2025 outside her home in West Lealman. Alejandra Segundo Cruz was arrested on Thursday and held without bond.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta