Alabama man charged with murdering mother and two children

Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra faces three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Aurelia Choc Cac, her 17-year-old daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, and 2-year-old son Anthony Garcia Choc. Authorities found their bodies buried in a clandestine grave in woods associated with Argueta-Guerra. Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty.

Authorities in Alabama discovered the bodies of Aurelia Choc Cac, 40, her daughter Niurka Zuleta Choc, 17, and son Anthony Garcia Choc, 2, buried in plastic and bedding in a wooded area of Baldwin County. The victims had been killed with a sharp-edged weapon: the boy suffered sharp force trauma to the head, while his mother was stabbed in the chest and back, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by local NBC affiliate WPMI. Identification is based on jewelry found with the remains, though formal confirmation continues, Mobile County Sheriff Paul Burch said at a press conference on Wednesday after the bodies' discovery at a property linked to the suspect. The family was last seen around 3 p.m. on January 30 at their home in the 9000 block of Ben Hamilton Road in Theodore, about 15 miles southwest of Mobile. They were reported missing the next day following police discovery of signs of a struggle, including significant blood evidence, at the residence. Hector Gamaliel Argueta-Guerra, 31, has been held in Mobile County Jail since February on kidnapping charges. Prosecutors added the first-degree murder counts on Thursday and intend to pursue capital punishment. Sheriff Burch described the suspect as 'an evil person who will face his judgment soon' and questioned any possible motive, asking, 'What motive would there be for killing a 2-year-old? We don't know.' Argueta-Guerra is said to be a member of the Sureños gang and had been slated for deportation in 2021 but was released. The sheriff's office posted on Facebook: 'Hector, you are a sick person to do what you did to this family and we know if convicted, you will never see the outside world again.'

Verwandte Artikel

Police cordon off a Torrevieja home during Civil Guard investigation into a child's tragic death.
Bild generiert von KI

Civil Guard probes three-year-old girl's murder as vicarious violence in Torrevieja

Von KI berichtet Bild generiert von KI

Spain's Civil Guard is investigating the death of a three-year-old girl allegedly killed by her 40-year-old father in a Torrevieja (Alicante) home, followed by his suicide. The mother alerted police after failing to contact them. Authorities are considering it a possible case of vicarious violence.

Die kolumbianische Generalstaatsanwaltschaft hat die Mutter Karol Viviana Méndez Trujillo und den Stiefvater Wilson Ariel Guerrero Cerón wegen besonders schwerem Mord, besonders schwerer Folter und häuslicher Gewalt angeklagt, die zum Tod des zweijährigen Jordán Alexander Cerón Méndez in Neiva führten. Staatsanwalt Mario Afanador erklärte, das Paar habe das Leben des wehrlosen Kindes durch systematische Misshandlungen zur Hölle gemacht. Der Junge starb am 13. März 2025 an einer Bauchfellentzündung infolge schwerer Schläge.

Von KI berichtet

Alejandro Ruffo, 52, der wegen des Mordes an seinem 8-jährigen Sohn festgehalten wurde, wurde leblos in seiner Zelle in der Unidad Penal 34 in Melchor Romero gefunden. Polizeiquellen deuten auf einen scheinbaren Suizid durch das Umwickeln eines Laken um den Hals hin, ohne Hinweise auf Dritte. Die Mutter des Jungen, Natalia Ciak, äußerte Schmerz und Empörung über den Verlust ihres einzigen Sohnes.

Der zuständige Richter Sebastián García Amuchástegui hat die Vertagung der mündlichen Verhandlung im Verfahren gegen Pablo Laurta wegen des Doppelmordes an Luna Giardina und ihrer Mutter Mariel Zamudio in Córdoba bestätigt. Laurta, der bereits wegen eines anderen Mordes in Untersuchungshaft sitzt, wird unter anderem wegen schwerer geschlechtsspezifischer Gewalt angeklagt.

Von KI berichtet

Die Behörden von Mexiko-Stadt haben vier Personen festgenommen, die verdächtigt werden, am 28. April ein Ehepaar und dessen zwei Töchter im Stadtviertel Nueva Santa María in Azcapotzalco ermordet zu haben. Der Angriff ereignete sich in einem Haus in der Begonias-Straße, wo ein Banner mit der Unterschrift von La Unión Tepito gefunden wurde, dessen Echtheit jedoch angezweifelt wird. Die Verdächtigen wurden im Bundesstaat Mexiko mit gestohlenen Fahrzeugen und Wertgegenständen gefasst.

Die 22-jährige Mutter Blayin Guevara Sánchez wurde im ländlichen Pitalito, Huila, von ihrem Ex-Partner erstochen. Der Vorfall, der sich am vergangenen Sonntag ereignete, ist der zweite Femizid des Jahres in diesem Departement. Die Behörden suchen nach dem mutmaßlichen Täter, Herminso Zapata Legos.

Von KI berichtet

A 32-year-old Florida mother faces charges of aggravated manslaughter and child neglect after her 2-year-old son wandered into the street and was killed by a pickup truck. The incident occurred in October 2025 outside her home in West Lealman. Alejandra Segundo Cruz was arrested on Thursday and held without bond.

 

 

 

Diese Website verwendet Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies für Analysen, um unsere Website zu verbessern. Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie für weitere Informationen.
Ablehnen