Les Philippines envisagent du pétrole russe face aux craintes d'approvisionnement

Les Philippines ont approché la Russie pour d'éventuelles importations de pétrole en raison de perturbations mondiales d'approvisionnement, a déclaré la secrétaire à l'Énergie Sharon Garin. Les stocks de carburant sont suffisants jusqu'en avril, des discussions étant en cours avec d'autres exportateurs. Cette démarche répond à la flambée des prix due aux tensions au Moyen-Orient.

À Manille, la secrétaire à l'Énergie Sharon Garin a déclaré que la Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC), entreprise pétrolière d'État, a contacté des compagnies pétrolières russes pour d'éventuelles importations, bien que les détails sur les volumes ou la durée restent à discuter. Les Philippines attendent la réponse de Moscou. Cela répond à la flambée des prix mondiaux due au conflit États-Unis-Israël sur l'Iran et aux tensions au Moyen-Orient, qui ont poussé le pétrole à environ 100 dollars le baril et provoqué des hausses de prix des carburants à deux chiffres le 17 mars 2026, le diesel approchant ou dépassant les P100 par litre. La PNOC se procure plus d'un million de barils de réserves de diesel, les capacités de stockage n'étant pas pleinement utilisées. Le gouvernement négocie également avec la Thaïlande, le Japon, Singapour et la Corée du Sud. Les Philippines importent presque tous leurs besoins en pétrole et ne disposent que d'une seule raffinerie, Petron à Limay, Bataan. Par ailleurs, les États-Unis ont accordé une dérogation de 30 jours jusqu'au 11 avril pour le brut russe en mer, ce qui pourrait affecter 100 millions de barils. Séparément, la Chambre des représentants a approuvé en deuxième lecture une mesure permettant au président Marcos de suspendre temporairement le mélange obligatoire de biocarburants en raison de la volatilité du marché pétrolier.

Articles connexes

Image of a gas station in the Philippines illustrating rising fuel prices amid Middle East tensions.
Image générée par IA

Fuel prices rise in Philippines as Middle East tensions persist

Rapporté par l'IA Image générée par IA

Oil companies raised gasoline and diesel prices on May 19 while lowering kerosene rates, citing renewed geopolitical risks in the Middle East. The Department of Energy set maximum adjustments to stabilize the market.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. assured that the Philippines has sufficient petroleum supply despite gas prices doubling due to the Gulf war. Foreign Affairs Secretary Maria Theresa Lazaro spoke with her Iranian counterpart to secure safe passage for Philippine vessels and seafarers in the Strait of Hormuz. The country received 700,000 barrels of Russian crude oil thanks to a US waiver.

Rapporté par l'IA

Building on initial import talks, the Philippine National Oil Co. (PNOC) has begun procuring two million barrels of diesel from global markets—doubling the planned buffer to 10 days' supply—Finance Secretary Frederick Go announced. Batches are expected this week.

Following initial DOE warnings earlier this week, local oil retailers in the Philippines will implement double-digit fuel price increases of P17 to P24 per liter starting March 10, amid ongoing Middle East tensions. President Marcos plans to seek emergency powers to cut excise taxes.

Rapporté par l'IA

Malacañang assured the public on Tuesday, March 10, that the Philippines has sufficient supplies of fuel and basic commodities despite rising global oil prices due to the ongoing Middle East crisis. There is no reason for panic buying, the Palace said. Government agencies are closely monitoring the situation to ensure market stability.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. urged Southeast Asian nations to activate and test their fuel-sharing pact, citing vulnerabilities exposed by the Middle East conflict for import-dependent economies. The Department of Energy said another round of fuel rollbacks remains possible next week, though officials cautioned against assuming the downtrend will hold amid global oil market volatility. DOE also ordered fuel firms to report storage capacities to prepare for disruptions.

Rapporté par l'IA

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. declared a 'state of national energy emergency' on Tuesday, March 24, due to the impact of the US-Israel war against Iran on the Philippines' oil supply. Through Executive Order No. 110, he also adopted UPLIFT to mitigate effects on the economy and citizens. It remains in place for one year unless altered by Marcos.

 

 

 

Ce site utilise des cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour l'analyse afin d'améliorer notre site. Lisez notre politique de confidentialité pour plus d'informations.
Refuser