Filipinas busca petróleo ruso ante temores por suministro

Filipinas se ha acercado a Rusia para posibles importaciones de petróleo en medio de disrupciones globales en el suministro, dijo la secretaria de Energía Sharon Garin. Los inventarios de combustible son suficientes hasta abril, con conversaciones en curso con otros exportadores. La medida responde a los precios disparados por tensiones en Oriente Medio.

En Manila, la secretaria de Energía Sharon Garin dijo que la estatal Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC) ha contactado a compañías petroleras rusas para posibles importaciones, aunque los detalles sobre volúmenes o duración aún están por discutirse. Filipinas espera la respuesta de Moscú. Esto responde a los precios globales disparados por el conflicto Estados Unidos-Israel sobre Irán y tensiones en Oriente Medio, que han impulsado el petróleo a alrededor de 100 dólares por barril y provocado alzas de dos dígitos en los precios de los combustibles el 17 de marzo de 2026, con el diésel acercándose o superando los P100 por litro. PNOC está adquiriendo más de un millón de barriles de reservas de diésel, ya que el almacenamiento no está completamente utilizado. El gobierno también está negociando con Tailandia, Japón, Singapur y Corea del Sur. Filipinas importa casi todas sus necesidades de petróleo y cuenta con solo una refinería, Petron en Limay, Bataan. Mientras tanto, EE.UU. emitió una exención de 30 días hasta el 11 de abril para crudo ruso en el mar, que podría afectar 100 millones de barriles. Por separado, la Cámara de Representantes aprobó en segunda lectura una medida que permite al presidente Marcos suspender temporalmente la mezcla obligatoria de biocombustibles en medio de la volatilidad del mercado petrolero.

Artículos relacionados

Image of a gas station in the Philippines illustrating rising fuel prices amid Middle East tensions.
Imagen generada por IA

Fuel prices rise in Philippines as Middle East tensions persist

Reportado por IA Imagen generada por IA

Oil companies raised gasoline and diesel prices on May 19 while lowering kerosene rates, citing renewed geopolitical risks in the Middle East. The Department of Energy set maximum adjustments to stabilize the market.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. assured that the Philippines has sufficient petroleum supply despite gas prices doubling due to the Gulf war. Foreign Affairs Secretary Maria Theresa Lazaro spoke with her Iranian counterpart to secure safe passage for Philippine vessels and seafarers in the Strait of Hormuz. The country received 700,000 barrels of Russian crude oil thanks to a US waiver.

Reportado por IA

Building on initial import talks, the Philippine National Oil Co. (PNOC) has begun procuring two million barrels of diesel from global markets—doubling the planned buffer to 10 days' supply—Finance Secretary Frederick Go announced. Batches are expected this week.

Following initial DOE warnings earlier this week, local oil retailers in the Philippines will implement double-digit fuel price increases of P17 to P24 per liter starting March 10, amid ongoing Middle East tensions. President Marcos plans to seek emergency powers to cut excise taxes.

Reportado por IA

Malacañang assured the public on Tuesday, March 10, that the Philippines has sufficient supplies of fuel and basic commodities despite rising global oil prices due to the ongoing Middle East crisis. There is no reason for panic buying, the Palace said. Government agencies are closely monitoring the situation to ensure market stability.

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. urged Southeast Asian nations to activate and test their fuel-sharing pact, citing vulnerabilities exposed by the Middle East conflict for import-dependent economies. The Department of Energy said another round of fuel rollbacks remains possible next week, though officials cautioned against assuming the downtrend will hold amid global oil market volatility. DOE also ordered fuel firms to report storage capacities to prepare for disruptions.

Reportado por IA

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. declared a 'state of national energy emergency' on Tuesday, March 24, due to the impact of the US-Israel war against Iran on the Philippines' oil supply. Through Executive Order No. 110, he also adopted UPLIFT to mitigate effects on the economy and citizens. It remains in place for one year unless altered by Marcos.

 

 

 

Este sitio web utiliza cookies

Utilizamos cookies para análisis con el fin de mejorar nuestro sitio. Lee nuestra política de privacidad para más información.
Rechazar