Two South Korean activists returning home at the airport after being released from a Gaza aid vessel.
Two South Korean activists returning home at the airport after being released from a Gaza aid vessel.
Image générée par IA

Two Korean activists return home after Gaza aid vessel release

Image générée par IA

Two South Korean activists returned home Friday after Israeli forces released them from custody aboard aid vessels heading to the Gaza Strip.

Kim Ah-hyun was aboard the vessel Lina Al Nabulsi seized near the Gaza Strip, while Kim Dong-hyeon was on the Kyriakos X intercepted near Cyprus. The pair was released Wednesday and arrived together at Incheon International Airport at 6:24 a.m. Friday.

Kim Ah-hyun told reporters at the airport that many people are dying not only from bombings but also from starvation. She said she felt she had to attempt the voyage again despite the dangers. She had tried a similar unauthorized entry in October and was previously detained by Israeli forces.

Kim Dong-hyeon claimed Israeli forces tortured the activists and subjected them to unendurable violence. The Israeli Embassy in Seoul stated the vessels carried no humanitarian aid and described the flotilla as a provocation.

President Lee Jae Myung criticized the seizure for violating international rules as the ships were outside Israeli territorial waters. The presidential office welcomed the immediate release while expressing regret over the initial detention.

Ce que les gens disent

Discussions on X focus on the release and return of two South Korean activists from Israeli custody on Gaza aid vessels. Reports highlight diplomatic context including South Korean presidential criticism of Israel and expressions of regret from Seoul. Some posts note the deportation without charges amid broader regional tensions. International outlets frame the event alongside similar actions in other countries. Sentiments range from neutral reporting to skeptical views using terms like 'abducted' and positive notes on the swift release.

Articles connexes

Israeli navy detaining Gaza aid flotilla activists at Ashdod port
Image générée par IA

La marine israélienne détient 430 militants de la flottille d'aide pour Gaza

Rapporté par l'IA Image générée par IA

Les forces israéliennes ont détenu 430 militants humanitaires originaires de 40 pays à bord de la Global Sumud Flotilla 2026 au port d'Ashdod après avoir intercepté leurs navires en route vers Gaza. Le ministre indonésien des Affaires étrangères, Sugiono, a déclaré que l'arrestation de neuf Indonésiens ne constitue pas un cas d'enlèvement.

Israeli forces intercepted the Kyriakos X boat carrying South Korean activist Kim Dong-hyeon on Monday evening as it headed toward the Gaza Strip. A civic group reported the seizure on Tuesday, stating that Kim and other activists are now presumed detained on an Israeli warship. The incident follows Kim's departure earlier this month despite a South Korean government travel ban on the territory.

Rapporté par l'IA

Le Premier ministre espagnol Pedro Sánchez a exigé vendredi la libération immédiate de Saif Abukeshek, un citoyen espagnol détenu par Israël après l'interception d'une flottille humanitaire à destination de Gaza. Alors que près de 30 Espagnols ont débarqué en Crète, Abukeshek et le Brésilien Thiago Ávila ont été transférés en Israël. L'Espagne condamne cette action, la qualifiant de violation du droit international.

South Korea's foreign ministry said debris from unidentified airborne objects that struck the Korean cargo ship HMM Namu in the Strait of Hormuz will soon arrive in Seoul for detailed analysis.

Rapporté par l'IA

South Korea's foreign ministry urged all parties involved to make utmost efforts to ease regional tensions on Saturday after the United States and Israel attacked Iran, prompting retaliatory strikes. The ministry is taking necessary precautions for the safety of South Koreans in Iran and reported no injuries or casualties among nationals in Iran and Israel. Seoul is closely monitoring the situation.

A South Korean investigation has confirmed that two unidentified flying objects struck the HMM Namu in the Strait of Hormuz last Monday, causing an explosion and fire. The findings have prompted Seoul to review participation in a U.S.-led security initiative.

Rapporté par l'IA

In an update to South Korea's response to the Strait of Hormuz crisis, Foreign Minister Cho Hyun stated on April 15 that Seoul has no plans to pay Iran for passage of its 26 stranded ships carrying 173 seafarers, aligning with the U.S.-led blockade. Data on the vessels was shared with Iran, the U.S., and Gulf states, factoring in a recent two-week ceasefire between Washington and Tehran.

 

 

 

Ce site utilise des cookies

Nous utilisons des cookies pour l'analyse afin d'améliorer notre site. Lisez notre politique de confidentialité pour plus d'informations.
Refuser