Two South Korean activists returning home at the airport after being released from a Gaza aid vessel.
Two South Korean activists returning home at the airport after being released from a Gaza aid vessel.
Immagine generata dall'IA

Two Korean activists return home after Gaza aid vessel release

Immagine generata dall'IA

Two South Korean activists returned home Friday after Israeli forces released them from custody aboard aid vessels heading to the Gaza Strip.

Kim Ah-hyun was aboard the vessel Lina Al Nabulsi seized near the Gaza Strip, while Kim Dong-hyeon was on the Kyriakos X intercepted near Cyprus. The pair was released Wednesday and arrived together at Incheon International Airport at 6:24 a.m. Friday.

Kim Ah-hyun told reporters at the airport that many people are dying not only from bombings but also from starvation. She said she felt she had to attempt the voyage again despite the dangers. She had tried a similar unauthorized entry in October and was previously detained by Israeli forces.

Kim Dong-hyeon claimed Israeli forces tortured the activists and subjected them to unendurable violence. The Israeli Embassy in Seoul stated the vessels carried no humanitarian aid and described the flotilla as a provocation.

President Lee Jae Myung criticized the seizure for violating international rules as the ships were outside Israeli territorial waters. The presidential office welcomed the immediate release while expressing regret over the initial detention.

Cosa dice la gente

Discussions on X focus on the release and return of two South Korean activists from Israeli custody on Gaza aid vessels. Reports highlight diplomatic context including South Korean presidential criticism of Israel and expressions of regret from Seoul. Some posts note the deportation without charges amid broader regional tensions. International outlets frame the event alongside similar actions in other countries. Sentiments range from neutral reporting to skeptical views using terms like 'abducted' and positive notes on the swift release.

Articoli correlati

Israeli navy detaining Gaza aid flotilla activists at Ashdod port
Immagine generata dall'IA

Israeli navy detains 430 activists from Gaza aid flotilla

Riportato dall'IA Immagine generata dall'IA

Israeli forces have detained 430 humanitarian activists from 40 countries aboard the Global Sumud Flotilla 2026 at Ashdod port after intercepting their ships en route to Gaza. Indonesian Foreign Minister Sugiono stated that the arrest of nine Indonesians is not a kidnapping case.

Israeli forces intercepted the Kyriakos X boat carrying South Korean activist Kim Dong-hyeon on Monday evening as it headed toward the Gaza Strip. A civic group reported the seizure on Tuesday, stating that Kim and other activists are now presumed detained on an Israeli warship. The incident follows Kim's departure earlier this month despite a South Korean government travel ban on the territory.

Riportato dall'IA

Spain's Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez demanded on Friday the immediate release of Saif Abukeshek, a Spanish citizen held by Israel after intercepting a humanitarian flotilla to Gaza. While nearly 30 Spaniards have disembarked in Crete, Abukeshek and Brazilian Thiago Ávila were transferred to Israel. Spain condemns the action as a violation of international law.

South Korea's foreign ministry said debris from unidentified airborne objects that struck the Korean cargo ship HMM Namu in the Strait of Hormuz will soon arrive in Seoul for detailed analysis.

Riportato dall'IA

South Korea's foreign ministry urged all parties involved to make utmost efforts to ease regional tensions on Saturday after the United States and Israel attacked Iran, prompting retaliatory strikes. The ministry is taking necessary precautions for the safety of South Koreans in Iran and reported no injuries or casualties among nationals in Iran and Israel. Seoul is closely monitoring the situation.

A South Korean investigation has confirmed that two unidentified flying objects struck the HMM Namu in the Strait of Hormuz last Monday, causing an explosion and fire. The findings have prompted Seoul to review participation in a U.S.-led security initiative.

Riportato dall'IA

In an update to South Korea's response to the Strait of Hormuz crisis, Foreign Minister Cho Hyun stated on April 15 that Seoul has no plans to pay Iran for passage of its 26 stranded ships carrying 173 seafarers, aligning with the U.S.-led blockade. Data on the vessels was shared with Iran, the U.S., and Gulf states, factoring in a recent two-week ceasefire between Washington and Tehran.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta