Over 59,000 tricycle drivers in Metro Manila receive P5,000 aid

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has given P5,000 each to 59,149 tricycle drivers in Metro Manila under the fuel subsidy program to ease the impact of rising oil prices due to Middle East tensions. Payouts are ongoing in the National Capital Region, with Secretary Rex Gatchalian aiming to complete them today.

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) distributed P5,000 each to 59,149 tricycle drivers in Metro Manila under the government's fuel subsidy program to cushion the effects of soaring oil prices driven by Middle East tensions. Payouts continue at multiple sites in the National Capital Region, including Quezon City, San Juan, Manila, Mandaluyong, and Pasay, with Secretary Rex Gatchalian targeting completion today. “Overall, we are happy and maybe you can ask the drivers if they are happy. But the goal of the DSWD is to finish by (today),” Gatchalian said during a visit to a payout site in Quezon City. Beneficiaries like driver Rexson Mape welcomed the aid: “This is a big help, especially to us tricycle drivers. Instead of having something for our family, our earnings go to gasoline. The P5,000 is a big boost for us.” Authorities noted that 40 to 50 percent of drivers' earnings go to gasoline. Beneficiaries were identified from local government unit records for faster rollout. Gatchalian warned against individuals charging a P500 “processing fee,” emphasizing that aid is free. The Philippine National Police deployed officers at sites nationwide, as stated by PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr., to deter scammers. The program will expand next week to TNVS drivers, motorcycle taxi drivers, jeepney operators, and delivery riders, aiming to reach 139,000 drivers before Holy Week, including those outside Metro Manila.

Labaran da ke da alaƙa

President Marcos Jr. announcing PUV aid, fuel subsidies, and barangay support to counter Middle East crisis impacts on fuel prices and livelihoods.
Hoton da AI ya samar

Marcos approves PUV aid, fuel subsidy and P8-billion barangay support amid Middle East crisis

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI Hoton da AI ya samar

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has approved a service contracting program for public utility vehicles, a P10-per-liter fuel subsidy starting April 15, and the release of P8 billion in assistance for over 42,000 barangays nationwide to cushion impacts from the Middle East crisis such as higher fuel prices, a weaker peso, and threats to livelihoods, Malacañang said Thursday. PUV drivers will receive additional income of P40 to P100 per kilometer, while commuters get at least 20% fare discounts on routes linked to trains and major bus lines.

At least 27 bus operators received P10,000 in fuel aid per unit yesterday at the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange, led by President Marcos to counter soaring oil prices. This forms part of the Department of Transportation's P2.5 billion program for public utility vehicles.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Rex Gatchalian vowed on Wednesday that all eligible public utility vehicle drivers will receive government cash relief assistance, as the Dswd meets with the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board to address gaps in beneficiary lists.

Energy Secretary Sharon Garin warned of a possible fuel price increase starting April 20, following a rollback announced by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. effective April 14. She attributed this to uncertainties involving US President Donald Trump and Middle East conflicts. Garin shared this during a Senate PROTECT committee hearing on April 13.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

Following their announcement earlier this week, transport groups Manibela and Piston launched a three-day strike on April 15 protesting the government's limited service contracting program. Leaders criticized its narrow scope, while officials prepared aid including free rides, a P5-billion budget, and fuel discounts for affected commuters.

As fuel prices roll back after Middle East-driven hikes, economic managers justified not suspending diesel and gasoline excise taxes, arguing it would mostly aid the wealthy. They highlighted a targeted P10 per liter subsidy for public utility vehicles and suspensions on LPG and kerosene for the vulnerable.

An Ruwaito ta hanyar AI

The Department of Budget and Management has identified P238 billion in funding to support the government's response to the ongoing global oil crisis, under President Marcos's directive. DBM Secretary Rolando Toledo shared this during a House committee on ways and means hearing on April 8. It comes alongside a mandated 20 percent cut in non-essential government spending.

 

 

 

Wannan shafin yana amfani da cookies

Muna amfani da cookies don nazari don inganta shafin mu. Karanta manufar sirri mu don ƙarin bayani.
Ƙi