Eight bus firms at PITX probed over fare hikes

Eight bus operators at the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) face investigation for overcharging amid President Marcos’ order to suspend fare hikes. The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will issue show-cause orders to the firms. Non-compliance could lead to penalties.

MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is issuing show-cause orders to eight bus operators at the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) for overcharging passengers.

The firms named are Bicol Isarog, RU Diaz, St. Martha, RMB, DLTB, Bicol Magayon, Superlines and JVH. LTFRB Chairman Vigor Mendoza said yesterday, “If they are not going to follow the President’s directives, they will be penalized accordingly.”

The Department of Transportation warned that operators raising fares without approval risk franchise suspension or revocation. Jason Salvador, PITX head of corporate communications and government relations, told radio dzBB yesterday, “While we understand the difficulties faced by bus operators, they are prohibited from increasing fares on their own.”

This probe follows President Marcos’ directive to suspend fare hikes.

Artikel Terkait

President Marcos Jr. announcing PUV aid, fuel subsidies, and barangay support to counter Middle East crisis impacts on fuel prices and livelihoods.
Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Marcos approves PUV aid, fuel subsidy and P8-billion barangay support amid Middle East crisis

Dilaporkan oleh AI Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has approved a service contracting program for public utility vehicles, a P10-per-liter fuel subsidy starting April 15, and the release of P8 billion in assistance for over 42,000 barangays nationwide to cushion impacts from the Middle East crisis such as higher fuel prices, a weaker peso, and threats to livelihoods, Malacañang said Thursday. PUV drivers will receive additional income of P40 to P100 per kilometer, while commuters get at least 20% fare discounts on routes linked to trains and major bus lines.

Following LTFRB probes into bus operators, the Philippine National Police is intensifying monitoring of public utility vehicle operators illegally raising fares due to Middle East-driven fuel price surges. PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. warned against exploiting the crisis, with police assisting regulators to protect commuters.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) has issued special permits to 1,297 buses to handle the expected surge in passengers during Holy Week. LTFRB Chairman Vigor Mendoza II said the move ensures enough vehicles as Filipinos travel to provinces for religious observances. Government agencies are preparing for increased traffic and passenger volumes.

Following their announcement earlier this week, transport groups Manibela and Piston launched a three-day strike on April 15 protesting the government's limited service contracting program. Leaders criticized its narrow scope, while officials prepared aid including free rides, a P5-billion budget, and fuel discounts for affected commuters.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Starting March 23, toll concessionaires will implement discounts for public utility vehicles, buses and freight services for two months, the Department of Transportation announced. The move aims to alleviate the impact of soaring fuel prices amid the Middle East crisis.

More tollway operators will provide discounts to public utility vehicles (PUVs), including traditional and modern jeepneys, buses, and freight vehicles, starting March 23, according to the Department of Transportation. Affected expressways include CAVITEX, R1 Expressway Extension, Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway, and SCTEX.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Energy Secretary Sharon Garin warned of a possible fuel price increase starting April 20, following a rollback announced by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. effective April 14. She attributed this to uncertainties involving US President Donald Trump and Middle East conflicts. Garin shared this during a Senate PROTECT committee hearing on April 13.

 

 

 

Situs web ini menggunakan cookie

Kami menggunakan cookie untuk analisis guna meningkatkan situs kami. Baca kebijakan privasi kami untuk informasi lebih lanjut.
Tolak