Hong Kong lawmakers in session voicing concerns over Huanggang checkpoint parking shortage, with Secretary Tang presenting solutions.
Hong Kong lawmakers in session voicing concerns over Huanggang checkpoint parking shortage, with Secretary Tang presenting solutions.
Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Hong Kong lawmakers concerned over Huanggang checkpoint parking shortage

Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Hong Kong lawmakers on Friday voiced concerns about the lack of parking at the upgraded Huanggang border crossing, deeming shuttle bus services inconvenient. Secretary for Security Chris Tang Ping-keung said authorities plan to build a nearby car park with shuttle buses to the checkpoint. Lawmakers called for an on-site public car park similar to the one at Heung Yuen Wai crossing.

At a Legislative Council security panel meeting on Friday, Hong Kong lawmakers raised concerns about the absence of a public car park or coach bays at the revamped Huanggang border crossing building, located on the mainland Chinese side in Shenzhen. Secretary for Security Chris Tang Ping-keung said the Transport and Logistics Bureau would determine the exact location of a nearby car park, such as the San Tin traffic intersection, where residents could park and take a shuttle bus for a few minutes to the checkpoint.

“In our plan, we will find a spot that’s very close to the crossing, with the location to be confirmed, such as the San Tin traffic intersection, for residents to park and then take a shuttle bus for a few minutes to reach the Huanggang crossing,” Tang told the meeting.

Lawmaker Dominic Lee Tsz-king said even frequent shuttle services would add at least five to 10 minutes to journeys, making it inconvenient. “Compared with a completely seamless passage, it’s a long way behind,” Lee said.

Lawmakers urged provision of a public car park like the one at Heung Yuen Wai crossing, where drivers can book spots 30 minutes to seven days in advance. The upgrade aims to enhance cross-border travel, but parking issues have sparked debates on convenience.

Artikel Terkait

Traffic at the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge hit peak levels in the first two days of the holiday, with passenger flows exceeding 192,000 and vehicles surpassing 30,000, leading to checkpoint queues sometimes over an hour. Ringo Lee Yiu-pui, honorary life president of the Hong Kong, China Automobile Association, said on Monday it marked one of the busiest periods in recent years.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Hong Kong's Transport Department reports that since the launch of the southbound travel scheme for Guangdong vehicles on December 23 last year, more than 5,000 applications have been approved and over 3,500 travel bookings recorded by the end of March, with 90% of travellers staying one or two days. The scheme allows up to 100 vehicles daily from Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Zhongshan and Jiangmen to enter Hong Kong's urban areas via the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge for a maximum of 72 hours.

Authorities in Macao and Zhuhai introduced a smart immigration system at the Hengqin Port on Thursday to speed up cross-border travel. Drivers who register can now clear immigration using only fingerprint and facial scans instead of showing documents.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Hong Kong taxi leaders and Uber have raised concerns over a planned quota for ride-hailing vehicles, even as authorities pledge to consult stakeholders before finalizing the number.

 

 

 

Situs web ini menggunakan cookie

Kami menggunakan cookie untuk analisis guna meningkatkan situs kami. Baca kebijakan privasi kami untuk informasi lebih lanjut.
Tolak