Power distribution companies ready to handle 19,000 MW demand, says Bhatti

Telangana Deputy Chief Minister Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka stated that power distribution companies are fully prepared to efficiently handle up to 19,000 MW demand this summer. At a review meeting with officials in the Assembly, he directed them to remain alert through the Yasangi crop season and summer period.

Deputy Chief Minister Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka held a review meeting with power officials in the Assembly on Wednesday. He noted that electricity demand and consumption in Telangana are rising significantly due to the Yasangi crop season and summer heat. The power network stands fully prepared to efficiently manage demand up to 19,000 MW, and he instructed officials and staff to stay alert until the end of Yasangi and summer. Last year, the peak demand hit 17,162 MW on March 20. This year saw 17,606 MW on March 2, followed by a record 18,228 MW on March 13 with 341.08 million units consumed. Power utilities handled the increased load without supply interruptions or overloading issues. To prepare for potential surges beyond 19,000 MW, the government is installing new substations, transmission lines, and transformers. The meeting was attended by Special Chief Secretary (Energy) Naveen Mittal, Telangana Transco CMD Krishna Bhaskar, and DISCOM CMDs Musharraf Faruqui, Jitesh V. Patil, and Varun Reddy.

Artikel Terkait

West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee warns of lockdown at press conference, with backdrop of fuel queues at petrol pumps due to supply concerns.
Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

Mamata Banerjee warns of lockdown amid fuel supply concerns

Dilaporkan oleh AI Gambar dihasilkan oleh AI

West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee warned of a possible nationwide lockdown amid fears of fuel shortages due to the West Asia conflict. Long queues formed at petrol pumps in Uttar Pradesh and other states, though governments assured no shortages. Oil companies confirmed normal supplies.

Mexico's National Center for Energy Control (CENACE) forecasts a historic peak of up to 54,000 megawatts in electricity demand during the hottest months from May to late summer, but with sufficient reserves to prevent blackouts. CENACE director Octavio Mota Palomino called it a 'tight summer, but without deficit.' Officials have taken preventive steps ahead of potential heat waves.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

The Japanese government has announced that the country will have enough electricity to meet demand during the upcoming scorching summer. Households and businesses will not be asked to conserve power.

Delhi Chief Minister Rekha Gupta has unveiled the Heat Wave Action Plan 2026, featuring ORS for schoolchildren, cool rooms in hospitals, and safety measures for construction workers. The plan comes as the capital recorded a maximum temperature of 42 degrees Celsius on Sunday, 3.1 notches above the seasonal average.

Dilaporkan oleh AI

Despite government assurances of adequate supply, food cart owners and households in Delhi report long delays and rising costs in procuring cooking gas cylinders. Md. Rehmat Ali, a biryani shop owner in Chittaranjan Park, said his supplier last delivered on February 28 and has been unresponsive since. Officials stated the situation is under control and launched a control room against black marketing.

Situs web ini menggunakan cookie

Kami menggunakan cookie untuk analisis guna meningkatkan situs kami. Baca kebijakan privasi kami untuk informasi lebih lanjut.
Tolak