Texas father lures daughter and mother to parking lot ambush, kills both before suicide

A 30-year-old Texas man fatally shot his 6-year-old daughter and her mother in a premeditated parking lot ambush before killing himself, authorities said. The attack stemmed from a custody dispute and occurred Friday afternoon outside Birdville ISD Stadium in Haltom City. Police described the incident as carefully planned under the pretense of handing over money.

John Mbuyi drove a U-Haul truck to the parking lot in the 6100 block of East Belknap around 4:30 p.m. Friday, according to the Haltom City Police Department. He allegedly got out and opened fire on Raissa Thatukila's vehicle, where she and their daughter Nathy Mbuyi sat. First responders found the victims inside the car; one was pronounced dead at the scene and the other died at a hospital. Mbuyi died nearby from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Investigators said Mbuyi lured the pair there by promising money amid an ongoing custody battle. The police news release noted he harbored grievances against Thatukila and was distressed after his father's death, with thoughts related to death. Authorities called it a deliberate act, not spontaneous. Nathy attended kindergarten at Cheney Hills Elementary School. Principal Cheryl Waddell told parents, per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, “We are devastated by the loss of one of our students and heartbroken that this tragedy occurred in our community.” Community members left flowers and stuffed animals at a memorial near the site, as reported by KDFW. Haltom City police stated they would release no further details to respect the family's privacy and allow time to grieve.

Articoli correlati

Marlene Vidal, 34, faces capital murder and arson charges after two young children were discovered dead inside a burned vehicle in a San Antonio parking lot. The incident occurred early Friday morning.

Riportato dall'IA

Keith Washington faces murder charges after allegedly shooting his estranged wife Tynice Friday dead in their Houston home, with their 6-year-old son calling 911 to report the incident. Deputies responded around 10 p.m. Saturday to the 14000 block of Cypress Falls Drive. Washington surrendered following a standoff with SWAT.

A 61-year-old man in St. Paul, Minnesota, has been charged with first-degree assault after allegedly shooting a 17-year-old boy, the son of a man he blamed for a fire that killed his own son last year. The incident occurred Tuesday afternoon in the 1500 block of Hoyt Avenue East. The victim is expected to survive after surgery for wounds to his liver, lung and ribs.

Riportato dall'IA

A Tarrant County jury has convicted 37-year-old Reid Rothenberg of capital murder in the 2022 killings of Matthew Stuart and George Nitsche, sentencing him to life without parole. The attack targeted family members at a home in Arlington, Texas, leaving Stuart's mother as the sole survivor. Authorities described the incident as a brutal homicide with an unclear motive.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta