Several European countries restrict airspace to US military planes

Amid the war against Iran launched on February 28, countries including France, Spain, Austria, Switzerland and Italy are restricting access to their territory for US military aircraft. Donald Trump voiced anger at these Nato allies on Truth Social. Emmanuel Macron confirmed France's non-participation stance.

Donald Trump expressed irritation on Truth Social over several Nato allies refusing overflights by US aircraft involved in the war against Iran, launched on February 28. He wrote: «La France n’a pas laissé des avions à destination d’Israël, chargés d’équipement militaire, survoler le territoire français. La France a été TRES PEU COOPÉRATIVE en ce qui concerne le “boucher iranien” qui a été éliminé avec succès».

Emmanuel Macron, from Japan, clarified that France, neither consulted nor participating in the US-Israeli offensive, upholds its rules: combat aircraft carrying military equipment are banned, but refuelers and logistics are allowed at Istres.

Spain closed its airspace on March 30 to involved aircraft, per Defense Minister Margarita Robles to AFP. US bases cannot be used, except in emergencies. Austria rejected all requests from the start to uphold neutrality, a Defense Ministry spokesperson told AFP on April 2.

Switzerland rejected two reconnaissance flights on March 15, citing its neutrality rights. Italy barred a landing at the Sigonella base in Sicily last week, as combat missions require parliamentary approval.

관련 기사

President Trump angrily calls NATO 'cowards' at podium over Strait of Hormuz security amid U.S.-Israel-Iran conflict.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Trump calls NATO 'cowards' over Hormuz security refusal

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

U.S. President Donald Trump labeled NATO members 'cowards' for refusing to support securing the Strait of Hormuz amid the U.S.-Israel war with Iran. He urged South Korea and others to get involved, highlighting U.S. aid to them.

US President Donald Trump criticized France for refusing overflights to military planes bound for Israel during operations against Iran, warning the US would remember the lack of support. France reaffirmed its neutral stance, while Israel responded by halting new defense procurements from Paris.

AI에 의해 보고됨

US President Donald Trump has backed withdrawing American military bases from Spain and other NATO allies not cooperating on Strait of Hormuz security. He made the remarks at a White House press conference, calling Alliance partners “cowards” for not joining the war against Iran. The stance comes amid Tehran's closure of the strait in a conflict exceeding three weeks.

The European Parliament is voicing growing concerns over US interferences, including sanctions against figures like Thierry Breton and Judge Nicolas Guillou. A special commission led by Nathalie Loiseau plans a session on the issue. At the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen appears to be looking the other way.

AI에 의해 보고됨

French President Emmanuel Macron proposed on Thursday a moratorium on strikes targeting civilian infrastructure in the Middle East, particularly energy sites. He said he had spoken with Donald Trump and Qatar's emir following attacks on gas facilities in Iran and Qatar. The move aims to protect civilian populations and energy supply security.

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부