Lee vows all-out efforts to prevent Mideast war escalation for South Korea

President Lee Jae Myung vowed on April 5 to mobilize all resources to prevent the Middle East conflict from escalating into a larger crisis for South Korea. He highlighted the war, sparked by U.S.-Israeli attacks on Iran, as rattling the global and recovering South Korean economies. Lee urged national unity in an Easter message emphasizing peace and solidarity.

President Lee Jae Myung made the pledge during a joint Easter service at Yoido Full Gospel Church on April 5, stating he would do everything in his power to overcome the crisis sparked by U.S.-Israeli attacks on Iran.

"The war in the Middle East is rattling the global economy and our economy that had been on the path to recovery. Those who already face difficulties are going through even tougher times," Lee said. "We will respond with an exceptional resolve, mobilizing all available policy tools to ensure that this crisis does not escalate into a bigger one and that those who are already struggling are not driven into deeper hardship."

Marking Easter, he called for reflecting on peace over conflict and love over hatred as serving Jesus Christ's will. "Especially in difficult times, the spirit of solidarity and cooperation is the source of strength that enables a society to overcome crises," Lee said, asking the Christian community to lead in uniting the people.

Earlier, Lee posted a similar message on social media, referencing the Resurrection miracle and the Bible verse "Peace be with you." "These words offer unwavering comfort and courage to us who strive to live our respective lives amid the anxiety caused by the Middle East war," he added. "The Republic of Korea will overcome this crisis wisely by coming together as one."

The remarks were reported by Yonhap News Agency.

Связанные статьи

President Lee Jae-myung leads urgent security meeting on South Korean safety amid U.S.-Israel strikes on Iran.
Изображение, созданное ИИ

Lee orders safety measures for South Koreans after U.S.-Israel attacks on Iran

Сообщено ИИ Изображение, созданное ИИ

President Lee Jae Myung instructed officials on February 28 to assess the impact of U.S. and Israeli attacks on Iran and enhance safety measures for South Korean nationals in the Middle East. The Office of National Security held an emergency meeting with foreign and security officials to discuss effects on national security and the economy. The government urged all parties to ease regional tensions.

President Lee Jae Myung will preside over an emergency meeting with related ministries on Monday to review the economic impact from heightened tensions in the Middle East and discuss response measures, Cheong Wa Dae said Sunday. The meeting will focus on global financial markets and oil prices. South Korea, heavily reliant on energy imports, is particularly vulnerable to external price shocks.

Сообщено ИИ

Former South Korean President Moon Jae-in called for minimizing the use of force and pursuing diplomatic solutions in the U.S.-Iran conflict during his visit to Los Angeles. He warned that military actions in the Middle East lead to cycles of hatred and revenge. This is his first overseas trip since leaving office.

President Lee Jae Myung on Wednesday called on the government to transparently disclose supply and demand conditions for major items amid concerns over fuel and key materials due to the conflict involving Iran. The move aims to prevent market confusion from fake news and rumors. He also directed overseas missions to explore alternative supply channels.

Сообщено ИИ

Prime Minister Kim Min-seok vowed on March 29 to take preemptive measures against possible shortages of daily necessities amid the Middle East crisis disrupting global energy markets and driving up prices. Speaking at an emergency economic headquarters meeting, he described the conflict's aftermath as a complex crisis involving energy supply instability and global supply chain disruptions.

Prime Minister Kim Min-seok announced on March 25 that two emergency economic teams will launch at Cheong Wa Dae and his office to address the Middle East crisis. The move responds to the widening impact of the ongoing war involving the United States, Israel and Iran. He stressed the need to bolster the government's preemptive response for prolonged scenarios, including worst-case ones.

Сообщено ИИ

President Lee Jae Myung expressed regret on Monday over drone flights by individuals into North Korea that caused unnecessary military tension with Pyongyang. He made the remarks during a cabinet meeting after prosecutors indicted three people last week for flying drones there between September and January. The indicted include a graduate student in his 30s, a National Intelligence Service employee and a military officer.

 

 

 

Этот сайт использует куки

Мы используем куки для анализа, чтобы улучшить наш сайт. Прочитайте нашу политику конфиденциальности для дополнительной информации.
Отклонить