Avante party announces Augusto Cury as presidential pre-candidate

The Avante party announced on Sunday (April 5) that writer Augusto Cury, 67, is its pre-candidate for the 2026 presidential election. Cury, author of self-help books sold in 70 countries, recently joined the party and criticized the current political polarization. The announcement was made on social media.

The Avante party confirmed on April 5, 2026, the pre-candidacy of writer Augusto Cury for the presidency. The announcement, posted on social media, features a photo of Cury greeting the party's president, federal deputy Luís Tibé (Avante-MG). Tibé stated: "The Brazilian people can no longer stand this polarization, and it's time to turn the page with someone who can advance the country with prosperity and quality of life".

Cury, from Colina in São Paulo state and a psychiatrist trained at the Faculdade de Medicina de São José do Rio Preto, created the Teoria da Inteligência Multifocal. His self-help books have been published in 70 countries, with over 25 million copies sold in Brazil alone. In early March, he released a document outlining proposals, including ending political polarization and using artificial intelligence to boost industrial productivity.

In 2022, Avante had launched the pre-candidacy of deputy André Janones (now with Rede-MG) but withdrew support months before the election to back Lula. Cury, who had expressed interest in running last month, said he was received by politicians including Michel Temer, Gilberto Kassab (PSD), Aécio Neves (PSDB), and Renata Abreu (Republicanos).

On social media, Cury wrote: "My goal is to contribute to building the Brazil of our dreams. I don't love power, don't need power, and don't seek power for power's sake. It's not a personal project, but a journey. A journey 100% based on projects and 0% personal attacks".

Relaterade artiklar

Ciro Gomes announces delay in presidential candidacy decision at PSDB event in São Paulo.
Bild genererad av AI

Ciro Gomes delays presidential candidacy decision until May

Rapporterad av AI Bild genererad av AI

Former Ceará governor Ciro Gomes stated on Saturday (April 25) at a PSDB event in São Paulo that he will decide by mid-May whether to run for Brazil's presidency or the Ceará governorship. He received an invitation from the party's national president, Aécio Neves, but said that if he had any sense, he would not run again. The statement follows a 'profound humiliation' in the 2022 election.

Paraná Assembly president Alexandre Curi left the PSD and joined the Republicanos on Wednesday, April 1, aiming for the state governorship. The switch comes amid negotiations for Governor Ratinho Júnior's succession. Curi says the move strengthens his alliance with the incumbent.

Rapporterad av AI

Former federal deputy Eduardo Bolsonaro confirmed on Tuesday, May 5, that he will be the running mate for André do Prado in the São Paulo Senate race. The move aims to bolster the right-wing in the state and revive Eduardo's political career while he remains self-exiled in the US. However, his cassation for absences from the Chamber raises questions about his eligibility.

Flávio Bolsonaro confirmed on Tuesday that he visited banker Daniel Vorcaro after his first arrest in 2025. The revelation impacted his presidential pre-campaign and drew reactions at a mayors' event in Brasília.

Rapporterad av AI

Brazil's PSD party officially named Goiás Governor Ronaldo Caiado as its pre-candidate for the 2026 presidential election on Monday (30), following Ratinho Junior's withdrawal. Caiado pledged broad amnesty for those involved in the January 8 events to pacify the country. The decision drew mixed reactions from party leaders.

Senator Sergio Moro has decided to leave União Brasil and join PL to run for Paraná governor in the 2026 elections, backed by Flávio Bolsonaro's party. The move breaks PL's alliance with Governor Ratinho Jr. and aims to secure a strong stage for the presidential candidate in the state.

Rapporterad av AI

Former minister Ciro Gomes launched his pre-candidacy for governor of Ceará in Fortaleza on Saturday. During the event, he mistook a supporter's gesture for a Comando Vermelho symbol and called for his arrest before apologizing.

 

 

 

Denna webbplats använder cookies

Vi använder cookies för analys för att förbättra vår webbplats. Läs vår integritetspolicy för mer information.
Avböj