New Mexico man charged after assaulting wife over intimacy refusal

A 37-year-old New Mexico man allegedly assaulted his wife in their Las Cruces apartment after she refused to be intimate, then told their five children that a new father would rape them. Police arrested Alfred Sanchez following reports from the victim, children, and a relative. He faces charges of aggravated battery and multiple counts of battery against a household member.

Alfred Sanchez, 37, from Dona Ana County, New Mexico, is accused of attacking his wife on a Sunday night at their Las Cruces apartment, with their five children present. According to a probable cause affidavit, the wife told police she was unwell and declined his sexual advances, prompting Sanchez to berate her for three hours. He then allegedly ripped off her eyeglasses, threw them down, choked her neck while pushing her into the couch, and instructed the children to go to their room. Sanchez reportedly pinned her down, punched her repeatedly, and slammed her head into the ground twice. As she suffered a panic attack, he apologized, said 'I have to go,' and left the home. Later that night, he returned and kicked open the front door; the wife escaped to a neighbor's house. During the assault, she was on the phone with her sister-in-law, who heard Sanchez threaten that in a divorce she would exchange sex for child support, blame her for his past arrests and job loss, and ask if she wanted him to 'kill her and the kids.' He also warned the children, 'If they were to get a new dad … the new dad was going to rape them.' The 9-year-old daughter told investigators she heard yelling and saw her father push her mother, then cried. The 6-year-old son described his father breaking the door, fighting, punching, elbowing, and throwing his mother to the ground. Sanchez was arrested and charged with aggravated battery against a household member resulting in great bodily harm, plus four counts of battery against a household member. He appeared in Las Cruces Magistrate Court on Monday and was ordered held without bond. Sanchez has an open case with the New Mexico Children, Youth & Families Department and a prior charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Verwandte Artikel

A 67-year-old Florida man faces charges after allegedly attacking his wife at their Miami home in multiple ways, including an attempt to smother her and a failed shooting. The incident occurred on a Friday evening.

Von KI berichtet

Diego Alfredo Longoria, 23, faces charges of injury to a child, assault by strangulation, and making a terroristic threat after allegedly choking his infant son in Brownsville, Texas. The incident occurred last week amid a dispute with the child's mother. The boy suffered a fractured collarbone and is recovering in hospital.

A Lakewood Township father pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and received a 25-year prison sentence after fatally beating his three-month-old daughter.

Von KI berichtet

A 41-year-old Florida woman faces charges after allegedly instructing her young children to attack a 10-year-old boy at a playground and holding him down during the incident. The confrontation followed an initial fight among children playing together. Authorities say the boy suffered visible injuries including swelling to his left eye.

 

 

 

Diese Website verwendet Cookies

Wir verwenden Cookies für Analysen, um unsere Website zu verbessern. Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie für weitere Informationen.
Ablehnen