Esteban Ocon calls split rumours with Haas 'complete bulls**t'

Esteban Ocon has strongly denied reports that he could leave Haas Formula 1 team early after the Miami Grand Prix. The French driver said the claims of a dispute with team principal Ayao Komatsu were fabricated.

Ocon addressed the rumours during the Canadian Grand Prix weekend. He said he has known Komatsu since 2014 and maintains a strong relationship with the team principal. Ocon confirmed he holds a contract for the full 2026 season and remains fully committed to Haas despite a challenging start to the year marked by safety cars and misfortune in early races.

Liittyvät artikkelit

Haas team principal Ayao Komatsu expressed pride in Esteban Ocon for taking full responsibility after colliding with Alpine's Franco Colapinto during the Chinese Grand Prix. Ocon apologized directly to his rival and accepted a stewards' penalty, despite facing online death threats. Colapinto recovered to score his first point with Alpine.

Raportoinut AI

Former Haas Formula 1 team principal Guenther Steiner has stated that Esteban Ocon could be facing his last year in the championship if his poor form and mistakes continue. Steiner highlighted Ocon's collision with Franco Colapinto during the Chinese Grand Prix. Ocon trails teammate Oliver Bearman significantly in the 2026 standings.

The Alpine Formula 1 team has denied social media claims that it sabotaged Franco Colapinto's car, attributing performance differences to minor gearbox issues in China. In a detailed open letter published Thursday, the team reaffirmed its commitment to equal treatment of drivers Pierre Gasly and Colapinto while condemning online abuse directed at both Colapinto and former driver Esteban Ocon. Alpine emphasized driver collaboration and its strong early-season position as the fourth-fastest team.

Raportoinut AI

Haas Formula 1 team principal Ayao Komatsu has urged caution against hasty changes following the collision between Oliver Bearman and Franco Colapinto at the Japanese Grand Prix. The incident at Suzuka highlighted concerns over closing speeds under the 2026 regulations. Komatsu emphasized the need for thoughtful adjustments amid ongoing discussions.

 

 

 

Tämä verkkosivusto käyttää evästeitä

Käytämme evästeitä analyysiä varten parantaaksemme sivustoamme. Lue tietosuojakäytäntömme tietosuojakäytäntö lisätietoja varten.
Hylkää