Andrie Yunus Acid Attack: Recovery to Take Up to Two Years Amid Ongoing Surgeries

Update on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus, acid attack victim from March 12, 2026: Indonesia's National Human Rights Commission estimates up to two years for recovery from severe chemical burns, with the first six months critical. RSCM conducted an integrated operation on March 25 to address right eye damage and other areas.

Following the acid attack on KontraS deputy coordinator Andrie Yunus in Central Jakarta on March 12, 2026—which caused third-degree burns across about 20% of his body surface (face, neck, chest, back, arms), initial debridement, skin grafts, and investigative breakthroughs including suspect identifications and TNI detentions—Komnas HAM Monitoring and Investigation Commissioner Saurlin P. Siagian stated that the injuries stem from a strong acid chemical. Full recovery is projected at six months to two years, with ongoing surgeries needed.

"The first six months are crucial for wound stability and body response," Saurlin said in Jakarta on March 27, 2026. Mediation Commissioner Pramono Ubaid Tanthowi highlighted intensive medical care, noting the right eye condition (previously reported as 40% limbal stem cell damage with ischemia in 40% of the lower sclera) remains under evaluation: “They cannot yet conclude if there is deterioration or improvement; it is still in process.”

RSCM's Legal and Public Relations Manager Yoga Nara detailed the March 25, 2026, operation at 10:00 WIB, which included tissue transfer, amnion membrane attachment, debridement, and skin grafts on the eye, chest, and shoulder. Efforts now prioritize maintaining eye integrity and controlling inflammation.

The case continues to implicate alleged TNI involvement, prompting the resignation of TNI Strategic Intelligence Agency head Lt. Gen. Yudi Abrimantyo. The Civil Society Coalition for Security Sector Reform calls for prosecution in general courts: “In a rule-of-law state, no citizen or group should be privileged in adjudication,” said Al Araf from Centra Initiative.

Articoli correlati

Andrie Yunus, acid attack survivor, with right eye bandaged after third surgery, in hospital surrounded by medical staff.
Immagine generata dall'IA

Andrie Yunus's Right Eye to Be Covered for Four Months After Third Surgery in Acid Attack Aftermath

Riportato dall'IA Immagine generata dall'IA

Following the acid attack on March 12, 2026, KontraS activist Andrie Yunus underwent a third surgery on March 28, revealing a leak in his right eyeball wall. Doctors at RSCM will cover the eye for four months to aid healing. Four TNI suspects remain detained, and President Prabowo Subianto calls for a thorough probe into the 'terrorism' case.

Latest update on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus, acid attack victim from March 12, 2026: RSCM reports 40% limbal stem cell damage in his right eye. He remains stable in intensive care. Investigations advance with identified suspects from police and TNI.

Riportato dall'IA

In an update on the March 12, 2026, acid attack on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus in Central Jakarta, the government is fully funding his treatment at RSCM, where he remains stable but faces a long recovery. President Prabowo Subianto has directed police to conduct a thorough, transparent investigation.

The legal process against Bripda Mesias Siahaya, a Brimob member who assaulted student Arianto Tawakal to death in Tual City, Maluku, continues. The case file was handed over to the Tual District Prosecutor's Office on February 24, 2026, with a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison. Additionally, he has been dishonorably discharged from the police through an ethics hearing.

Riportato dall'IA

Muhammad Kerry Adrianto Riza, son of fugitive Riza Chalid, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by Jakarta's Corruption Court for corruption in Pertamina's crude oil and refinery products management from 2018 to 2023. He plans to appeal, claiming many trial facts were ignored by the judges. The ruling also includes fines and repayment of Rp2.9 trillion.

Indonesian TNI soldier Praka Rico Pramudia (31), serving with UNIFIL in Lebanon, died after nearly a month of treatment for severe injuries from an artillery attack on 29 March 2026. UNIFIL announced his death on platform X, offering condolences to his family and Indonesia.

Riportato dall'IA

Indonesia's Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has named Tulungagung Regent Gatut Sunu Wibowo and his aide Dwi Yoga Ambal as suspects in an alleged corruption extortion case in Tulungagung Regency, East Java, following a sting operation. KPK Enforcement Deputy Asep Guntur Rahayu said the designation was based on sufficient evidence. The suspects are detained from April 11 to 30, 2026.

 

 

 

Questo sito web utilizza i cookie

Utilizziamo i cookie per l'analisi per migliorare il nostro sito. Leggi la nostra politica sulla privacy per ulteriori informazioni.
Rifiuta