Indonesian soldier killed in attack on UNIFIL base in southern Lebanon

An Indonesian soldier from the UNIFIL contingent was killed and another critically injured by a projectile explosion at a UN position near Adshit al-Qusayr in southern Lebanon on Sunday (29/3/2026). The incident occurred in the Marjayoun district. UNIFIL is investigating the projectile's origin.

Israel was reported to have attacked a UN peacekeeping base housing Indonesian troops in southern Lebanon on Sunday (29/3/2026). One member of the Indonesian UNIFIL contingent was killed by rocket shrapnel, while another soldier is in critical condition.

The incident took place at a base in Aadshit al-Qusayr, Marjayoun district. The body of the fallen TNI soldier has not yet been evacuated and remains at the UNIFIL post. The injured is being treated at St George Hospital in Beirut. Lebanon's National News Agency and Al Jadeed News reported casualties and helicopters evacuating the wounded.

Kandice Ardiel, UNIFIL spokesperson, confirmed a projectile exploded at a UNIFIL location near Adshit al-Qusayr, injuring several peacekeepers. "A peacekeeper was tragically killed last night when a projectile exploded at a UNIFIL position near Adchit Al Qusayr," she said. She added that another was seriously injured, the origin is unknown, and an investigation is underway.

No official statements have been issued by TNI headquarters or Indonesia's Foreign Ministry. The incident highlights risks to UNIFIL forces in southern Lebanon, a conflict zone between Israel and armed groups. Previously, on March 6, Ghanaian troops were injured by Israeli tank fire.

관련 기사

Illustration depicting wreckage from attacks on Indonesian UN peacekeepers in southern Lebanon.
AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Three Indonesian soldiers killed within 24 hours in southern Lebanon

AI에 의해 보고됨 AI에 의해 생성된 이미지

Three Indonesian UNIFIL peacekeepers died in two separate incidents in southern Lebanon on March 29-30, 2026. The first killed Praka Farizal Rhomadhon from a projectile near Adchit al-Qusayr, while two others perished in a vehicle explosion near Bani Haiyyan during evacuation. UNIFIL is investigating both events.

The United Nations says its investigation into the March 2026 attacks killing three Indonesian peacekeepers with the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) is nearing completion amid calls for accountability. Indonesian forces await results on whether artillery or landmines were involved.

AI에 의해 보고됨

The remains of three Indonesian soldiers killed in the UNIFIL mission in Lebanon arrived at Soekarno-Hatta Airport on Saturday afternoon. They died on March 29-30 from attacks in southern Lebanon, followed by injuries to three others on April 3. The government held a welcoming ceremony as a final tribute.

PBNU Chairman Yahya Cholil Staquf condemned the US and Israel attacks on Iran that killed Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, while urging Iran to stop revenge actions. Foreign Minister Sugiono offered Indonesia's mediation for de-escalation. Police Chief Listyo Sigit Prabowo and Jakarta Governor Pramono Anung prepared for domestic security and economic impacts.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Indonesia's Majelis Ulama Indonesia (MUI) issued nine statements on the US and Israel military attack on Iran, including condemnation and calls for peace during Ramadan. Iran's Embassy in Jakarta condemned the strikes as a violation of the UN Charter, while Golkar's Deputy Chairman Idrus Marham called it a threat to world peace that killed Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

UN officials have expressed deep concern over the acid attack on KontraS activist Andrie Yunus in Central Jakarta on March 12, 2026. They urge a thorough investigation and arrest of the perpetrators to protect human rights defenders. Indonesian government ministers have condemned the violence and called on police to investigate fully.

AI에 의해 보고됨

Since the joint US-Israel airstrikes on Iran began on February 28, 2026—killing Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and top commanders—the conflict has expanded to involve 15 nations, with over 2,600 attacks on more than 5,000 targets, resulting in more than 2,400 deaths and the displacement of 4.1 million people.

 

 

 

이 웹사이트는 쿠키를 사용합니다

사이트를 개선하기 위해 분석을 위한 쿠키를 사용합니다. 자세한 내용은 개인정보 보호 정책을 읽으세요.
거부